Mars - Big announcement on Monday from NASA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 06:34 AM
RE: Mars - Big announcement on Monday from NASA
John Carter's tomb... or maybe a sandship and a gun that shoots bees.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-09-2015, 06:43 AM
That Mars is actually a giant galactic space station built by a long extinct race of aliens that when activated will allow us to warp to similar space stations scattered across the universe in various inhabited solar systems where we can meet other celestial beings and form a galactic network of various lifeforms that share scientific discoveries, culture, commerce etc.. which eventually ends in war because that's the way shit works and thus starts a war on a universal scale which thus results in the end of the world because some alien race comes along with a planet destroying bomb and blows us the fuck up. Thus ending our existence in the universe forever.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-09-2015, 07:20 AM
(27-09-2015 06:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That Mars is actually a giant galactic space station built by a long extinct race of aliens that when activated will allow us to warp to similar space stations scattered across the universe in various inhabited solar systems where we can meet other celestial beings and form a galactic network of various lifeforms that share scientific discoveries, culture, commerce etc.. which eventually ends in war because that's the way shit works and thus starts a war on a universal scale which thus results in the end of the world because some alien race comes along with a planet destroying bomb and blows us the fuck up. Thus ending our existence in the universe forever.

[Image: 220?cb=20120617205751]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-09-2015, 08:27 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they detected seismic activity.

I'm probably wrong, though, and it's probably liquid water. I just want to be able to say that I was the first one here who guessed correctly.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
27-09-2015, 10:52 AM
They found a stargate

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
27-09-2015, 11:05 AM
(27-09-2015 03:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Either that or they will stop playing Mars in concert halls???

There is no excuse to ever stop playing any of those Holst pieces, especially Mars. Beat_stick
[+] 1 user Likes 7R0MM3L's post
27-09-2015, 11:14 AM
(27-09-2015 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 05:20 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  That it is. Overpriced burnt crap!
I agree... My older sister lives outside Seattle - and when I last visited she insisted on taking me to Starbucks....

I wasn't much impressed (actually, not at all) -- and when my sis went off to use the restroom, I sauntered up to the counter with my 5 buck cup of mud and asked "Do you have any Folgers"???

The look from the dope behind the counter was worth the 5 bucks.....

You gotta get your money's worth....

Not to further derail this thread, but....

It's funny, I only go to Starbucks out of desperation, like we're out of coffee and there's one on every corner, there are four within a mile of our home.

So I go in and the line is long....everyone is ordering these ridiculous coffee...like half fat, grande double shot espresso..whatever.

I finally get up there and ordered my two venti plain black coffees and the person looked at me like they truly didn't know what to do. They actually had to ask!

I don't know if they were new or just stupid...

I never have that problem when I go to Peets.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-09-2015, 11:19 AM
I have no idea but in March, they found nitrates under the surface which are a necessary component of life. Mars lost its magnetic field maybe 4 billion years ago so there is nothing to deflect cosmic radiation. As a result, Mars cannot sustain surface life now and it probably cannot sustain subsurface life. However, the Curiosity Rover may have found some 4 billion plus year old fossils. That seems unlikely to me too so I'm putting my money on Jimmy Hoffa's body encased in concrete.
[+] 6 users Like Black Eagle's post
27-09-2015, 11:29 AM
(27-09-2015 11:19 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I have no idea but in March, they found nitrates under the surface which are a necessary component of life. Mars lost its magnetic field maybe 4 billion years ago so there is nothing to deflect cosmic radiation. As a result, Mars cannot sustain surface life now and it probably cannot sustain subsurface life. However, the Curiosity Rover may have found some 4 billion plus year old fossils. That seems unlikely to me too so I'm putting my money on Jimmy Hoffa's body encased in concrete.

Naww.... He's under Giants Stadium....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-09-2015, 11:35 AM
(27-09-2015 11:14 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I agree... My older sister lives outside Seattle - and when I last visited she insisted on taking me to Starbucks....

I wasn't much impressed (actually, not at all) -- and when my sis went off to use the restroom, I sauntered up to the counter with my 5 buck cup of mud and asked "Do you have any Folgers"???

The look from the dope behind the counter was worth the 5 bucks.....

You gotta get your money's worth....

Not to further derail this thread, but....

It's funny, I only go to Starbucks out of desperation, like we're out of coffee and there's one on every corner, there are four within a mile of our home.

So I go in and the line is long....everyone is ordering these ridiculous coffee...like half fat, grande double shot espresso..whatever.

I finally get up there and ordered my two venti plain black coffees and the person looked at me like they truly didn't know what to do. They actually had to ask!

I don't know if they were new or just stupid...

I never have that problem when I go to Peets.

Yeah. I have a friend who used to order a "Venti 7 Pump Vanilla Soy Milk Iced Latte with the Espresso Poured Over the Ice First So That It Didn't Heat the Soy Milk." Facepalm

In addition to being ridiculous, it was also about 700 calories. Mostly sugar.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post