Martin Luther King Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Martin Luther King Day
So does one say "happy" MLK day? or what. I usually leave off the Junior part of his name because it's too long to type and say. Anyway, have a happy, or something or other, MLK day.

Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-01-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Martin Luther King Day
I have a dream.... of a 3 day weekend! Yeeeah

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
17-01-2016, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 08:12 PM by Dark Light.)
No. No one does. MLK day is a bullshit holiday, but as cactus illustrates, no one really cares because a lot of people get the day off. The only people who really care about the holiday is white supremacists who celebrate it as "James Earl Ray Day" - the guy who killed MLK. The day was intended to appease socially liberal and black voters Americans. You will never see this for things like the legislation of gay marraige or anything similar. Still touchy for the religious zealots. Timing is all off. A better idea (conceptually) would've been "Civil Rights Day" or something like that, but you can't convert the holiday now as it would piss off the black Americans, though the socially liberal may approve. It also invites a political storm for people lobbying for the repeal of drug (especially marijuana) prohibition, and gun rights activists, etc.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
17-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Oh, you mean Robert E Lee day?

*runs away and hides* Popcorn

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
17-01-2016, 09:04 PM
(17-01-2016 08:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh, you mean Robert E Lee day?

[Image: 3879514.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
17-01-2016, 09:54 PM
(17-01-2016 09:04 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh, you mean Robert E Lee day?

[Image: 3879514.jpg]
Seriously, that would be on our *public* school calendars: Martin Luther King Jr Day/Robert E Lee Day. Facepalm

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
17-01-2016, 11:40 PM
(17-01-2016 08:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  No. No one does. MLK day is a bullshit holiday, but as cactus illustrates, no one really cares because a lot of people get the day off. The only people who really care about the holiday is white supremacists who celebrate it as "James Earl Ray Day" - the guy who killed MLK. The day was intended to appease socially liberal and black voters Americans. You will never see this for things like the legislation of gay marraige or anything similar. Still touchy for the religious zealots. Timing is all off. A better idea (conceptually) would've been "Civil Rights Day" or something like that, but you can't convert the holiday now as it would piss off the black Americans, though the socially liberal may approve. It also invites a political storm for people lobbying for the repeal of drug (especially marijuana) prohibition, and gun rights activists, etc.

Well, don't hold back, next time tell us how your REALLY feel. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-01-2016, 07:02 AM

#sigh
18-01-2016, 07:22 AM
(17-01-2016 11:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  No. No one does. MLK day is a bullshit holiday, but as cactus illustrates, no one really cares because a lot of people get the day off. The only people who really care about the holiday is white supremacists who celebrate it as "James Earl Ray Day" - the guy who killed MLK. The day was intended to appease socially liberal and black voters Americans. You will never see this for things like the legislation of gay marraige or anything similar. Still touchy for the religious zealots. Timing is all off. A better idea (conceptually) would've been "Civil Rights Day" or something like that, but you can't convert the holiday now as it would piss off the black Americans, though the socially liberal may approve. It also invites a political storm for people lobbying for the repeal of drug (especially marijuana) prohibition, and gun rights activists, etc.

Well, don't hold back, next time tell us how your REALLY feel. Dodgy

If you don't like my opinions on MLK Day, then I wouldn't ask about Columbus Day if I were you.

18-01-2016, 07:41 AM
I could care less about MLK's birthday.

Of course - I give a shit less for Washington's or Lincoln's birthday either.

I barely give a shit about MINE......

The only one I really worry about is my S.O.'s..... If I forget hers I could be in deep shit --- and I have to sleep with her......................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.