Mary Tyler Moore dies.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: Mary Tyler Moore dies.
(25-01-2017 05:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Her skirts were a little too tight around her butt on the show and the producers made her wear less form fitting garments and they would only let her wear one pair of capri pants in only one scene per week. Rolleyes Geesh!
Man, rough times Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2017, 06:44 PM
I know. She had to fight to wear the capri pants. She went to the producers and told them housewives don't wear a dress, high heels and a string of pearls around the house anymore. The producers didn't want to let go of the Leave It To Beaver housewife image so they gave in just a little and allowed her to wear the capri pants in only one scene per episode. She'd wear them in the longest scenes. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-01-2017, 07:07 PM
(25-01-2017 06:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I know. She had to fight to wear the capri pants. She went to the producers and told them housewives don't wear a dress, high heels and a string of pearls around the house anymore. The producers didn't want to let go of the Leave It To Beaver housewife image so they gave in just a little and allowed her to wear the capri pants in only one scene per episode. She'd wear them in the longest scenes. Thumbsup

Interesting fact the leave it to beaver look was because of advertisers and not the show's producers who felt it would look better if June Cleaver always looked well kept.

In the early episodes they mention a housekeeper but again the advertisers felt it would play better for their products (sold during commercials) if June seemed to it all herself.

They were trying to sell a brand of American housewife that didn't even exist at that time.

MTM always seemed so authentic to me. I remember watching as little kid the MTM show (at my grandma's house and was shocked the show was in color) and I swear I wanted to move to where ever she lived -- I thought how great it would be to living a cute apartment with small kitchen and sunken living room (wasn't it a studio?).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces