Maryland to go Full Swiss Monty on Health Care

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: Maryland to go Full Swiss Monty on Health Care
(13-01-2014 06:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  psst, Frank

Hmmm... Are you sure it's still valid? I heard the GOP was revoking everyone's voter card for saying anything nice about the Federal Government, particularly Obamacare. Smile

My bad. I guess I misread you. So, then, I wonder why liberals will give you a pass, but they go all batshit crazy when a libertarian says something?

It seriously made me wonder during the 2012 Presidential campaign. Compare Rick Santorum to Ron Paul. Both are conservative Christians, yet Santorum said the bible should be the law of the land in a Christian-sharia way. Ron Paul never speaks of religion. Both believe in God and creation, however Santorum things the earth was created 7000 years ago, and Ron Paul acknowledged that evolution is a fact, but still thinks god was involved. Both are homophobic. But Santorum wants to police morality, whereas Ron Paul went on a limb telling the GOP he'd veto any attempt to ban gay marriage. Both want to cut spending and are opposed to a welfare state. But Santorum wants to INCREASE military spending, while slashing welfare and social security, whereas Ron Paul wanted to slash the military and said that people paid into the welfare and SS system and we have a moral duty to honor our promises to them and that he wouldn't cut one penny from entitlements....

Yet, watch the left liberal media. They have no problem talking about Rick Santorum in a neutral, courteous manner. But Ron Paul, however, gets them so outraged it was forbidden to even mention his name. Jon Stewart did a good job pointing this out, how Ron Paul was "the 13th floor" and the crazy uncle nobody was allowed to mention.

Why are liberals SOOOO much more infuriated by libertarians than conservatives? My guess is it's because we reached our views using logic and reason, rather than based on tradition or morality, and it eats them alive. But I've asked many liberals to explain this and not one will provide a plausible answer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 08:42 PM
(13-01-2014 08:37 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 06:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  psst, Frank

Hmmm... Are you sure it's still valid? I heard the GOP was revoking everyone's voter card for saying anything nice about the Federal Government, particularly Obamacare. Smile

My bad. I guess I misread you. So, then, I wonder why liberals will give you a pass, but they go all batshit crazy when a libertarian says something?

It seriously made me wonder during the 2012 Presidential campaign. Compare Rick Santorum to Ron Paul. Both are conservative Christians, yet Santorum said the bible should be the law of the land in a Christian-sharia way. Ron Paul never speaks of religion. Both believe in God and creation, however Santorum things the earth was created 7000 years ago, and Ron Paul acknowledged that evolution is a fact, but still thinks god was involved. Both are homophobic. But Santorum wants to police morality, whereas Ron Paul went on a limb telling the GOP he'd veto any attempt to ban gay marriage. Both want to cut spending and are opposed to a welfare state. But Santorum wants to INCREASE military spending, while slashing welfare and social security, whereas Ron Paul wanted to slash the military and said that people paid into the welfare and SS system and we have a moral duty to honor our promises to them and that he wouldn't cut one penny from entitlements....

Yet, watch the left liberal media. They have no problem talking about Rick Santorum in a neutral, courteous manner. But Ron Paul, however, gets them so outraged it was forbidden to even mention his name. Jon Stewart did a good job pointing this out, how Ron Paul was "the 13th floor" and the crazy uncle nobody was allowed to mention.

Why are liberals SOOOO much more infuriated by libertarians than conservatives? My guess is it's because we reached our views using logic and reason, rather than based on tradition or morality, and it eats them alive. But I've asked many liberals to explain this and not one will provide a plausible answer.

What news did you watch? Rick Santorum was lambasted constantly. Actually I saw way more positive coverage of Ron Paul than any candidate outside of R-Money. I always had to inform most people of Ron Paul's negatives and his insane fiscal policies. Your persecution complex is showing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-01-2014, 11:28 PM
(13-01-2014 08:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What news did you watch? Rick Santorum was lambasted constantly. Actually I saw way more positive coverage of Ron Paul than any candidate outside of R-Money. I always had to inform most people of Ron Paul's negatives and his insane fiscal policies. Your persecution complex is showing.

Man, you do like to bury your head. After CNN's GOP debates the recaps mentioned Santorum 76 times, Gingrich 82, Romney 87, and Ron Paul 1. And in the subsequent hour-long debate, Ron Paul got 46 seconds of speaking time.

Consider what non-mainstream media liberals say. Jon Stewart ran a long piece making fun of the MSM for ignoring Ron Paul as the '13th floor' in politics, Cenk Uygur, from The Young Turks, points out that in polls Ron Paul came out in #2, above Romney, but said: "The guy who gets no press whatsoever is Ron Paul... The mainstream media can't stand Ron Paul... But they just don't want to touch Ron Paul, they won't go anywhere near him." (link)

And, although I know you won't watch it, below is a video with 14 minutes showing how the media regularly removed Ron Paul from the poll results, lied about the number of votes he got, took his votes and gave them to Santorum, etc., etc.

It was SOOOO obvious and blatant that any open-minded liberal, like Jon Stewart or Cenk Uygur, could see it very plainly. Apparently you don't fall into that category.

BTW, here's another question for you to run from:

Q: How many times in all of the US history has either party changed the voting rules in the middle of the primary to disqualify a candidate? And how often have party rules been changed by only having a 'voice vote' (btw, the results of the vote which eliminated Ron Paul were shown on the teleprompter even BEFORE the voice vote took place)? I challenge you to find one time in all US history when the Republicrats have gone to such great lengths, even rigging elections, to make sure voters aren't allowed to select a candidate.

14-01-2014, 12:01 AM
(13-01-2014 08:37 PM)frankksj Wrote:  My bad. I guess I misread you. So, then, I wonder why liberals will give you a pass, but they go all batshit crazy when a libertarian says something?

'Cause Girly couldn't give less of a shit and yet you do? ... Maybe?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.