Mass Effect 3 "Director's Cut"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Mass Effect 3 "Director's Cut"
So I just got done playing through ME3 with the new "enhanced" ending. I didn't go back and raise my galactic readiness rating but had enough to get all 3 original options. I chose the green one and it did seem to address some of the concerns most had about the original ending (ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E). Though as with all absolute endings to game/movie series I'm sad that it's over (x2 sadness for ending I got).

I will go through again once I get my GR rating back up and choose the red option and see how much difference it makes (maybe less sad?).

Anyone else love or hate the extended ending to ME3?

*Note: I tried to stay as spoiler free as I could in case someone hasn't played through but the YouTube link very much has spoilers*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2012, 08:08 AM
RE: Mass Effect 3 "Director's Cut"
I liked it, should have been this way from the start but hey, better late than never. For now, I just want to do away with all this now needless drama. Once things calm down I'll probably pick up the series again, with a fresh mind.

Wait, only God can make you moral? Huh But committing genocide looks like a lot of work!
27-06-2012, 08:37 AM
It was a massive improvement, But it still didn't really reflect the choices you made through out the game. It was also over 1Gb i don't know why as there wasn't a lot of content. I loaded my save on the citadel and picked each of the 4 choices to see what i would get.(shooting the star child is fun as the little shit deserves it, but a bad choice for the current cycle)

They manage to cover some of the gaping plot holes the original ending left. But still don't explain others like why does Shepard start bleeding from the bit of his stomach where he shot Anderson? even though he wasn't bleeding from there before that point, And Anderson doesn't seem to be wounded from it apart from holding that area for one scene. How did anderson get to the control panel when there is clearly no other ways to the panel, Where the hell did the elusive man come from When theres only one way to the control pannel and you would have walked past him if he came up that walkway.

How did the two squad mates that where with me for the final assault on the beam when harbinger attacked, get on the Normandy completely unharmed?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
27-06-2012, 03:56 PM
(27-06-2012 08:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  How did the two squad mates that where with me for the final assault on the beam when harbinger attacked, get on the Normandy completely unharmed?
I like that they explained how your team mates got on the Normandy and why it was in mid jump when the "explosion" happened, but how the Normandy just sat in front of that Reaper for long enough to get the wounded have a lengthy dialogue and not get blown out of the sky was a bit much to swallow.

As a side note the "wounded" team mate that we called for evac in my game was EDI... wtf
[+] 1 user Likes AViegarein's post
28-06-2012, 04:16 AM
I just finished watching two of the four choices, first green then blue, and these new extended endings really are orders of magnitude better than the originals. Its great to see that BioWare, or just a big name company in general, really did improve their product based on constructive criticism from their consumers.

Scot, I'd like to reply to several things you said. I'll try to keep it spoiler free for those who haven't played it yet or haven't finished the game.

(27-06-2012 08:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  it still didn't really reflect the choices you made through out the game

In some ways I agree with you, but I also disagree.
I just want to preface this by saying this is my ending, and I don't know how the choices I didn't make would have effected it. In the end it shows the Geth getting along with the other races and rebuilding. Isn't this because I chose to save them instead of destroying them? When talking about those who had fallen during the course of your adventure, I saw Mordin. I could have saved his life, but didn't. Sure, there was no mention of me saving Mordin's assistance's Genophage Cure data specifically. There was no mention of me destroying the Collector base instead of handing it over to Cerberus. But in all honesty, when you give your life to save the galaxy, do those choices really matter?

(27-06-2012 08:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  It was also over 1Gb i don't know why as there wasn't a lot of content.

1.78 GB to be exact :-P The reason it's so large is because of all the possible decisions someone could have made during the course of their adventure. Not just from ME3, but from ME and ME2 as well. If I remember correctly, there are around 65,000 different possible game states within ME3. That is to say, there are a lot of different possibilities depending on how you chose to play out your story starting from the beginning of the trilogy. Also, the size of the DLC has to do with the fact that most of it was cinematics. They take up the largest chunk of the size. And then there's the Voice-Overs. Male and Female Sheppard, different dialog for both genders depending on your party for the final mission and who you chose to romance, and I could be wrong but I can't find any info saying different regions have to download a different version of the DLC, meaning all of the voice overs and subtitles for all of the different supported languages are included in this DLC.

(27-06-2012 08:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I loaded my save on the citadel and picked each of the 4 choices to see what i would get... How did the two squad mates that where with me for the final assault on the beam when harbinger attacked, get on the Normandy completely unharmed?
That is actually explained, but in order to know how you have to replay through the final mission. If you don't have a save in London you'll have to start at the Base.

(27-06-2012 08:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  why does Shepard start bleeding from the bit of his stomach where he shot Anderson? even though he wasn't bleeding from there before that point, And Anderson doesn't seem to be wounded from it apart from holding that area for one scene.

Thinking about it, I can understand how this might be a plot hole for some, I never really found it to be one. When Sheppard got hit and was knocked unconscious, s/he sustained some serious injuries. I always saw it as a wound that opened up from straining the body to get to the end. As for Anderson... you never really get too many good looks at the wound so I have no reason to believe it isn't there.
Another explanation for Anderson's wound is that since he was dying, and his time was almost up, he was concentrating on saying his last words to Shep instead of focusing on the pain.
A third possibility is that we got trolled by the BioWare devs. They were so thrilled by the communities indoctrination theory that they had to leave something in the game to keep the theory alive!

(27-06-2012 08:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  How did anderson get to the control panel when there is clearly no other ways to the panel, Where the hell did the elusive man come from When theres only one way to the control pannel and you would have walked past him if he came up that walkway.

Yes, this bothers me as well, but I think it might have been because the ending was rushed to get the game released. It might be an oversight by the level designers. The story was written first and then the levels were created around the story, so it's possible to see this as just being a mistake. As to why this wasn't "fixed" in the DLC, again, I think we got trolled by the devs wanting to keep the indoctrination theory alive.

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
[+] 2 users Like Zephony's post
28-06-2012, 08:40 AM
BioWare isn't charging money for the new ending, are they? Because I could absolutely see EA pushing that on them. Actually I was so angry about the way they originally ended Mass Effect 3 that I cancelled my subscription to Star Wars: The Old Republic. What a giant slap in the face to fans that was...
[+] 2 users Like StatiK's post
28-06-2012, 02:39 PM
[Image: 181103_634176374513_1363569354_n.jpg]

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Science Believer's post
28-06-2012, 03:49 PM
(28-06-2012 08:40 AM)StatiK Wrote:  BioWare isn't charging money for the new ending, are they? Because I could absolutely see EA pushing that on them. Actually I was so angry about the way they originally ended Mass Effect 3 that I cancelled my subscription to Star Wars: The Old Republic. What a giant slap in the face to fans that was...
No the enhanced ending(s) are free DLC just like almost all the DLC for ME3 currently.
28-06-2012, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 06:57 PM by FSM_scot.)

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Just to tell you guys, Mass Effect is not done here. Bioware just recently announced more releases under the Mass Effect name, though it is clear that Shepard is done.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]