Mass Effect 3 "Director's Cut"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: Mass Effect 3 "Director's Cut"
They have been talking about other mass effect games for a while. The speculation was that it would be a squad based shooter, Or even a FPS. The original idea for ME3's multiplayer was a FPS so its not too far fetched.

I don't know how they could base the game after the events of ME3 though.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 08:00 PM
(10-07-2012 07:58 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  They have been talking about other mass effect games for a while. The speculation was that it would be a squad based shooter, Or even a FPS. The original idea for ME3's multiplayer was a FPS so its not too far fetched.

I don't know how they could base the game after the events of ME3 though.
It would take a lot of redesign and groundwork, considering the fact that the Relays are destroyed.

They seem to be trying to keep it in the third person, and perhaps an RTS. I am kind of tired of FPS's, so I hope they don't do that. I am interested to see what they will do with the universe. It would be cool if you could play as more than a human. Perhaps a Turian, Quarian, etc?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
10-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I found that i got bored of FPS a year or 2 ago, They just all feel to much alike with very little effort put into it and too multiplayer heavy it gets really boring really fast. I want a good single player campaign. I personally prefer 3rd person over FPS games.

I have to admit i will most likely buy halo 4 and colonial marines (if they every finally release it) but i can't see myself buying any other FPS anytime soon.

With the extended cut they tweaked the endings so that the relays weren't completely destroyed, and two of the endings end up giving ways they are repaired but both of those endings would mean that there would be no real threat in any games based after ME3. So Future games would need to be set at the same time as the events of the ME games, or it would need to be a prequel.

11-07-2012, 05:30 AM
(10-07-2012 08:41 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I found that i got bored of FPS a year or 2 ago, They just all feel to much alike with very little effort put into it and too multiplayer heavy it gets really boring really fast. I want a good single player campaign. I personally prefer 3rd person over FPS games.

I have to admit i will most likely buy halo 4 and colonial marines (if they every finally release it) but i can't see myself buying any other FPS anytime soon.

With the extended cut they tweaked the endings so that the relays weren't completely destroyed, and two of the endings end up giving ways they are repaired but both of those endings would mean that there would be no real threat in any games based after ME3. So Future games would need to be set at the same time as the events of the ME games, or it would need to be a prequel.
I did not download the DLC yet, so thank you! I did not know that! Big Grin

I do not think they will be confined to just the Reapers as the main antagonist in the galaxy. If they do make a game after the events of Mass Effect 3, it might concern the rebuilding of the council, or destroying the aggressive mafias in the Terminus systems, or another race that enters the galaxy. There are multiple possibilities to what could happen afterwards. I do, however, I think that a few games before the canon story are in order though. Big Grin

Poonjab
11-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Shit sorry. It was late I didn't even think to use the spoiler thing. I've not really given anything away. If you get the chance you should download the EC. It covers a few plot holes and gives some closure.

11-07-2012, 08:15 AM
(11-07-2012 06:42 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Shit sorry. It was late I didn't even think to use the spoiler thing. I've not really given anything away. If you get the chance you should download the EC. It covers a few plot holes and gives some closure.
It is all fine man. Spoilers don't effect me at all. xD

It's nice to know that Bioware worked on that quickly and efficiently, while EA magically did not charge for it. xD I am excited to see how the Mass Effect Universe will be expanded and explored in the upcoming releases. Big Grin

Poonjab