Mass Effect 3.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Mass Effect 3.
So as most of you probably know, Mass Effect 3 has recently been released out into the open.
The graphics are too die for; like an orgasm of the eyes and mind.
But I would like to know... Is the storyline good??
I have yet to play this eyegasmic work of art, but I don't really want to play it if the storyline is going to suck like Assassin's Creed Revelations' did.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2012, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 11:08 AM by FSM_scot.)
RE: Mass Effect 3.
(13-03-2012 09:25 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  So as most of you probably know, Mass Effect 3 has recently been released out into the open.
The graphics are too die for; like an orgasm of the eyes and mind.
But I would like to know... Is the storyline good??
I have yet to play this eyegasmic work of art, but I don't really want to play it if the storyline is going to suck like Assassin's Creed Revelations' did.

The mass effect series is one of the best. All of your actions in the first two games felt like they were leading up to something.

Mass effect 2 had one of the best storylines and final mission, of any game I've played.

mass effect 3 is brilliant the the story is great, it builds up to what you know is going to be something amazing and it does...

...That is until the last 10 minutes, which gave what was an otherwise amazing game, the single most fucking retarded anticlimactic ending in gaming history.
nothing you did in the previous games mean a thing at the end of this game, there are 3 endings and they are all the exact fucking same.
Fuck you bioware, for ruining what was otherwise a fantastic series by being to fucking lazy to think up a decent ending.

I have more to say but im holding back because it involves massive spoilers.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-03-2012, 11:09 AM
You probably haven't noticed but I haven't made a post since the game came out Tongue I've been completely sucked into the game. It's mostly all connected and even the sidequests don't seem like sidequests at all. Everything is about building up the war effort and even rescuing random mercs from random planets will help on the long run. Or at least I hope so, I am not finished yet.

I am loving it so far.

Except this is the second time I read something bad about the ending and I really hate Bioware for this! They fucked up the ending to Dragon Age II as well. although to be fair, they fucked up the entire game there.

By the way I play on PC. I don't care so much about graphics but I have to admit it looks good. But it's usually all about the story for me. And so far that is better than Mass Effect 2. Time will tell if it beats ME1, but I doubt it.
And Shepard appears to have taken another level in badass.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
14-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I loved the entire game except for the last 10 minutes.

Ive seen complaints in quite a few different places, and they all say the exact same thing. Its just the ending, it made no sense and was utterly pointless.

[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
14-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Hey FSM_Scot.

I don't want to screw over the Krogans but I'm a crazy completionist and if I don't get the best possible ending, I will probably be insane until I do. So to avoid that, I wanted to ask you, is it possible to win the game without the Salarian fleet?

If it's not possible to answer this question without horrendous spoilers, just tell me to shut up and make a decision already Tongue

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
14-03-2012, 03:16 PM
(14-03-2012 02:51 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Hey FSM_Scot.

I don't want to screw over the Krogans but I'm a crazy completionist and if I don't get the best possible ending, I will probably be insane until I do. So to avoid that, I wanted to ask you, is it possible to win the game without the Salarian fleet?

If it's not possible to answer this question without horrendous spoilers, just tell me to shut up and make a decision already Tongue

I cured the genophage and didn't receive the salarian fleet. but i got pretty much everyone else. So it shouldn't really matter.

14-03-2012, 05:03 PM
(14-03-2012 03:16 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 02:51 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Hey FSM_Scot.

I cured the genophage and didn't receive the salarian fleet. but i got pretty much everyone else. So it shouldn't really matter.

Thanks. I've been waiting three games to do that! Finally.

[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
14-03-2012, 05:22 PM
(14-03-2012 05:03 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Thanks. I've been waiting three games to do that! Finally.

I don't know if its possible to get a bad play through so i wouldn't worry about making bad decisions, as far as i can tell i had a near perfect play through.
I can't go into detail without spoilers, and i don't want to ruin it for anyone.

I also replayed the 2nd game last year to get my perfect play through so that things were set up for the third one.

14-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I heard that the biggest complaint about ME3 was that the ending was so short.
If that's the case I read an interesting blog about that a few seconds ago for some reason. The poster states that he viewed the entire third game as the ending. And in that he couldn't complain. He also goes on about how people complained that all of their choices were pointless in the end. But he didn't understand how that was the case as he was making choices right up until the end. And that they affected his game until the ending.

I haven't played more than the demo on live, and I won't play the full game period because I wasn't a massive fan of the second game and never even actually beat it.
The first game was ok, but I think I liked it more back then because it was different in a sea of the FPS clones. Looking back I doubt I'd ever bother to play it again.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
15-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Thank you guys.
I'm supposed to be receiving my copy, most likely on Sunday.
I cannot wait!

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore