Mass Effect 3.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2012, 11:01 AM
RE: Mass Effect 3.
(14-03-2012 07:06 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I heard that the biggest complaint about ME3 was that the ending was so short.
If that's the case I read an interesting blog about that a few seconds ago for some reason. The poster states that he viewed the entire third game as the ending. And in that he couldn't complain. He also goes on about how people complained that all of their choices were pointless in the end. But he didn't understand how that was the case as he was making choices right up until the end. And that they affected his game until the ending.

Hmm, it is the ending of the trilogy so hes right on that point, but the decisions you made in the previous games only have a tiny impact on the third one and all three have no impact on the actual end to the series.

The ending seemed lazy, it is clear that only a minimum amount of thought went into coming up with it, it didn't fit in with the entire series. And the reason behind why the reapers were killing and harvesting all sentient life, is just so unbelievably stupid that I've not been able to play the game since, there is no replayability in it whatsoever.

Bioware really fucked up with this one. And it will come back to bite them in the ass.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
15-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I dunno. They might have sore asses but I think it'll be because their wallets are uncomfortably big.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
15-03-2012, 11:54 AM
We should've seen this coming as Dragon Age II was a huge warning sign that Bioware was dying.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
15-03-2012, 12:04 PM
(15-03-2012 11:45 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I dunno. They might have sore asses but I think it'll be because their wallets are uncomfortably big.

In the short term yes, in the long term with an unhappy fanbase... that will hurt profits.
15-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Ahh yes, but videogame companies are the worst kind these days aren't they?

If bioware is ever forced to split which is inevitable, expect those same guys who made all the bad decisions for previous games to head new companies that are merged from other companies, that will make one or two good games drawing you into a series that will inevitably suck.

There are no good series. Only good individual games. If a series ever ends up being good it will have been by accident.

I literally can't think up a good series that didn't have a shitty episode.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
15-03-2012, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 02:37 PM by FSM_scot.)
Unfortunately i think you're right. Greed (most DLC) and laziness (half assed games and the addition multiplayer to a game when it is completely unnecessary), often forced on the teams working on the games by the parent company, is ruining games, the worst thing is its becoming the norm, making it hard to find a great game series that doesn't sell out just to make a quick buck at the expense of the fans.

Sometimes i wonder how long it will be before developers start a pay to play scheme (after you purchasing the game), that's what all this feels like its leading up to.

The day that becomes the norm, will be be the day i stop gaming.
15-03-2012, 02:50 PM
I was going to pick this up. I was told it was criminal, I have never played one and/or two.

Playing FIFA 12, poor game as it is; is all I play (due to an online league I am a part of). I thought Skyrim was going to be that game, that, broke the hold FIFA has over me. It didn't.
16-03-2012, 07:38 AM
(15-03-2012 09:25 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  Thank you guys.
I'm supposed to be receiving my copy, most likely on Sunday.
I cannot wait!

I got it yesterday. I've never played 1 or 2. This is the first time I've ever even see any of this game but it's pretty bad ass. My only complaint so far (less than an hour into the game) is that there is way too much story. It's like 5 minutes of shooting shit and 15 minutes of story.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm debating about even getting it now, because of the bad reviews.
Thinking maybe I should just stick with my Assassin's Creed and Fable love.
Not sure...
May come up with a decision soon.
I'll let you know, okay?

Hamata: Welcome back. Long time no see (posts). Wink

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

16-03-2012, 08:34 AM
The only good Fable was the first one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favorite Mass Effect characters? EvolutionKills 13 400 04-05-2014 09:22 PM
Last Post: Anudist
Question Need Mass Effect 3 Endings clarification PoolBoyG 13 918 09-04-2013 10:02 PM
Last Post: DerekS
  Mass Effect 3 "Director's Cut" AViegarein 15 2,801 11-07-2012 08:15 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Mass Effect 2 houseofcantor 5 814 27-10-2011 08:09 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor