Mass Effect 3.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 08:39 AM
RE: Mass Effect 3.
(16-03-2012 08:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  The only good Fable was the first one.

That one is the best, I agree.
But, I love all of them.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I haven't read any reviews, but I am enjoying the game so far. I would recommend playing with an import. I started without one because I was too lazy to dig up my savegame from my old hard-drive. Eventually I dug up my savegame and restarted and the game is infinitely better. If you haven't played ME1 and ME2, I recommend playing them Tongue

If you are not a fan of story-driven games like I am, you can turn the game to "action". But Mass Effect isn't a shooter, it's an RPG. Story is important.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
16-03-2012, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2012 10:15 AM by germanyt.)
(16-03-2012 10:02 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I haven't read any reviews, but I am enjoying the game so far. I would recommend playing with an import. I started without one because I was too lazy to dig up my savegame from my old hard-drive. Eventually I dug up my savegame and restarted and the game is infinitely better. If you haven't played ME1 and ME2, I recommend playing them Tongue

If you are not a fan of story-driven games like I am, you can turn the game to "action". But Mass Effect isn't a shooter, it's an RPG. Story is important.

I think I have it set to role playing. It was the recommended setting.
Anyone know how many hours of game play 3 offers? I was pretty disappointed with MW2 becasue it's only like 8 hours of play.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-03-2012, 05:50 PM
(16-03-2012 10:14 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 10:02 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I haven't read any reviews, but I am enjoying the game so far. I would recommend playing with an import. I started without one because I was too lazy to dig up my savegame from my old hard-drive. Eventually I dug up my savegame and restarted and the game is infinitely better. If you haven't played ME1 and ME2, I recommend playing them Tongue

I think I have it set to role playing. It was the recommended setting.
Anyone know how many hours of game play 3 offers? I was pretty disappointed with MW2 becasue it's only like 8 hours of play.

Yeah they'd recommend the roleplaying setting. But if it's boring you can switch it to action at any point during the game.

I haven't finished it yet so I can't tell you for sure, but I've read it's 20-40 hours, depending on how much time you spend on sidequests. That's quite short for a bioware RPG though. Dragon Age clocked at about 60 hours at least. I hope the game has enough replayability value to make up for this. I did pay 50 euro for it after all.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
17-03-2012, 04:56 AM
(16-03-2012 08:27 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I'm debating about even getting it now, because of the bad reviews.
Thinking maybe I should just stick with my Assassin's Creed and Fable.

I personally think you are better off not buying the game. Atleast anytime soon.
The negative publicity they receive from the backlash from the fans will get them into a panic, retailers will notice this also the slow down in sales and so will drop the price of the game.

So if you are going to buy it if you wait and enough people do the same it may be enough to get bioware off their ass and do something about the ending. But you will also get the game at a much lower price.
17-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Methinks the shite ending might be a way for them to work in their over-priced equally-shite DLCs? If the players got a satisfying ending why would they pay money for useless content?

I really hope it's not as bad as players are saying it is. But in my experience, it usually is Sad

[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
17-03-2012, 07:17 PM
(17-03-2012 12:53 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Methinks the shite ending might be a way for them to work in their over-priced equally-shite DLCs? If the players got a satisfying ending why would they pay money for useless content?

I really hope it's not as bad as players are saying it is. But in my experience, it usually is Sad

Unfortunately i think you are right.

There is a fan theory that the entire ending is due to indoctrination. which does seem to have some evidence in the game to support it.

It is also what i thought as i was playing through it.

Shepard has spend more time around reapers and reaper artifacts than anyone else so the chances of being affected by indoctrination is high, it also makes the entire ending and all the stupid shit that came with it make sense.

I like that theory but there are two problems i can see with it.

The first one It means that bioware released a game without an ending and plan to release it later as DLC.
Which is a new low for a game developer "here buy our new game, that'll be £40 please...Oh you wanted a game with an ending? that'll be another £20" "yes we accept your first born child as payment".....

And the second one is. That bioware have said that they are happy with the ending and that they will bring out dlc but it will probably be based pre game ending.

Either way the ending in its current form, is a massive fuck you to the fans.
18-03-2012, 08:51 PM
What you said under the spoiler in the first page, that is what annoys me the most about it. I mean, why even bother if that is the case. How can they seriously say they are happy with this product when... it's just lazy. Argh, words fail me.

I'm not a happy gamer right now.

19-03-2012, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 10:21 AM by Vipa.)
About the ending

Yes it sucks that ones decisions don't really matter at the very end and it's quite short.

But still it's not a bad ending in my opinion.
There are several possibilities

The aforementioned Indoctrination theory. It is supported by a bit of "evidence"

or

2 of 3 Endings could actually even be (with the Stargazer part included) nice Anti-Christian-Mindfucks. Even the robot that survives the whole thing is called Eve.
The fun part is that "god" had to die to finally end up with a better galaxy.
The old Man even says to the boy it all happened so long ago that some things might be wrong, details lost/added.
The third Ending is a mix, yet still the almost almighty being dies and the galaxy is freed of it's shackles to start anew.
So Mass Effect could be an alternative Genesis story, where god had to die to get back to "paradise".

or

Throughout the whole game Shepard fails and fails again (although he's able to unite the galaxy). From the very second the game starts there is always some sort of depression there in the story. Shepard always thinks they aren't going to make it and everything is lost.
It would be a fitting end to the game if he actually dies in Harbingers blast and whatever follows are his last thoughts what could have happened. Yet he dies there and everything is lost. I think this could have happened because Mass Effect 1+2 are about stopping the reapers from arriving and yet no one believes them. It would only be fitting for the game to end in a big failure and the restart of the cycle.
Also I like the idea of this galactic cycle thing since it is not entirely impossible for AIs to take over ^^

or

Is it really that bad that it ends like any fairytale?

or

Bioware really sucks and there will be DLCs with alternative or extended endings...
[+] 3 users Like Vipa's post
20-03-2012, 05:29 AM
I like your assessment of things, Vipa. But I think a game that forces you to fail is just asking you for backlash. I am a pen-n-paper gamer and if as a GM I railroaded my players into an ending which, no matter what they did, they couldn't avoid, then I would be a pretty terrible GM. This is why we like BioWare, they give us choices. In Mass Effect 2, we could work hard and get the best ending. It wasn't always perfect, but we got what we worked for.

I wouldn't have minded the ending at all if that had just been one of the many choices we could get.

I liked the game in general, even though it basically translated into Dragon Age in space. But I would've settled for a Dragon-Age-style ending. Because that kind of thing just works.

[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favorite Mass Effect characters? EvolutionKills 13 376 04-05-2014 09:22 PM
Last Post: Anudist
Question Need Mass Effect 3 Endings clarification PoolBoyG 13 914 09-04-2013 10:02 PM
Last Post: DerekS
  Mass Effect 3 "Director's Cut" AViegarein 15 2,794 11-07-2012 08:15 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Mass Effect 2 houseofcantor 5 801 27-10-2011 08:09 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor