Mass Killings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Mass Killings
(18-07-2016 05:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I am just curious on this whole America is new to terrorism thing. How long do you guys think terrorism has been going on here?

Since 1492, if you're counting the illegal immigrants.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
18-07-2016, 05:27 PM
(18-07-2016 05:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I am just curious on this whole America is new to terrorism thing. How long do you guys think terrorism has been going on here?

In what calibre?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
18-07-2016, 06:01 PM
(18-07-2016 05:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

In what calibre?

Overall terrorism.

There are records of terrorist attacks as early as the 1800's. Mountain Meadows Massacre is one of them. May not have been called terrorism back then.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-07-2016, 06:05 PM
(18-07-2016 06:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 05:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  In what calibre?

Overall terrorism.

There are records of terrorist attacks as early as the 1800's. Mountain Meadows Massacre is one of them. May not have been called terrorism back then.

That was not an attack on the entire country though was it? The murder of Lord Mountbatten, for example, was an attack upon a nation.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
18-07-2016, 06:30 PM
(18-07-2016 06:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 06:01 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Overall terrorism.

That was not an attack on the entire country though was it? The murder of Lord Mountbatten, for example, was an attack upon a nation.

Terrorism is violence or intimidation for political reasons. It doesn't have to be an attack on a country.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-07-2016, 06:35 PM
(18-07-2016 06:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 06:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That was not an attack on the entire country though was it? The murder of Lord Mountbatten, for example, was an attack upon a nation.

Terrorism is violence or intimidation for political reasons. It doesn't have to be an attack on a country.

We are simply speaking with differing connotations.

Banjo.
18-07-2016, 06:52 PM
(18-07-2016 06:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 06:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Terrorism is violence or intimidation for political reasons. It doesn't have to be an attack on a country.

We are simply speaking with differing connotations.

Seems so.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-07-2016, 08:29 PM
The first city we ever took by force overseas was in response to conflict with a Muslim empire. Whether or not we call it terrorism is a matter of semantics.

In any case, I don't look at countries as metaphorical people. Regardless of how old a country is on paper, we all essentially originated from the same place. Culture since then as been a continually adapting phenomenon based on the context of any given society. In that regards, our histories all go back just as far. It's our situations and how we've adapted because of them that differs.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
18-07-2016, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 12:25 AM by Mathilda.)
(18-07-2016 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Aren't there areas of Sharia law being followed in the UK? I see that as a type of terrorism.

No. Sharia law does not override British law. Some communities use their own forms of Sharia law to settle disputes amongst themselves though. It has no legal standing in the UK. Equating that with terrorism completely misunderstands what terrorism is.

(18-07-2016 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I find it a little condescending to declare that we can't figure things out without help from the UK.

I'm saying learn from history. Learn from the mistakes of others. And also learn from other countries that had to learn from their own mistakes and had some real success in stopping the intergenerational cycle of violence.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
19-07-2016, 12:02 AM
(18-07-2016 04:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  LOL

Let's talk about the Brit goatfucks........

India --- good go at empire building there, huh???

Africa --- yeah -- Brits brought civilization to Africa all right....

Australia --- Hey, why not call an entire continent your penal colony???

Brits know more about fucking the goat than any other country in history -- except maybe the Romans......

Now you're just spluttering with impotent rage and not even trying to make a coherent argument.

You're assuming that I am proud of British history. I'm not full of patriotic fervour like you. I'm ashamed that Britain had an empire.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post