Mass Killings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 07:42 AM
RE: Mass Killings
(19-07-2016 07:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  When there is a dangerous situation going on I think the media should report it. As in...hey, there's trouble in XYZ area, don't go there. We will give you more information as we get it.

But they fill in the gaps between initial report and what really happened with suppositions further fueling fear and adding a great deal of incorrect and/or incomplete information that is forever seen as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The news outlets work to keep their faces on as many screens as possible when they have the chance. Stay tuned and we will report any and everything even remotely related to the incident.

They remind me of commentators at a sporting event who have time to fill so they just babble away while keeping their logo in sight and their advertisers happy.
People are vampires, sucking up that blood. They love the gore on the boob tube.

It brings to mind the endless amount of time that was spent televising the OJ Simpson white Bronco 'chase'. We saw it from above, we saw it from street level, we saw it from every angle possible. When there was nothing new to show they just replayed what we had already seen dozens of times.

The news media was able to eat up a whole damn day with that mess.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 07:46 AM
(19-07-2016 07:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  People are vampires, sucking up that blood. They love the gore on the boob tube.

It brings to mind the endless amount of time that was spent televising the OJ Simpson white Bronco 'chase'. We saw it from above, we saw it from street level, we saw it from every angle possible. When there was nothing new to show they just replayed what we had already seen dozens of times.

I was in Indiana doing my own commentary. "They'll be passing Lakewood Blvd. in a minute. Yep, there it is. Now he'll go north on the 605. Yep, there he goes."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
19-07-2016, 08:26 AM
(19-07-2016 07:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  People are vampires, sucking up that blood. They love the gore on the boob tube.

I'm happy to say that they ate up not a single second of my time. Didn't watch TV then, don't watch it now. The whole OJ circus passed me by. I was busy living my life.

No offense to those who did watch it, but the media knew that they would. They were just answering a demand. As they are now.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
19-07-2016, 08:42 AM
(19-07-2016 08:26 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It brings to mind the endless amount of time that was spent televising the OJ Simpson white Bronco 'chase'. We saw it from above, we saw it from street level, we saw it from every angle possible. When there was nothing new to show they just replayed what we had already seen dozens of times.

I'm happy to say that they ate up not a single second of my time. Didn't watch TV then, don't watch it now. The whole OJ circus passed me by. I was busy living my life.

No offense to those who did watch it, but the media knew that they would. They were just answering a demand. As they are now.

I didn't spend a lot of time on it either because almost every shot I did see had the same overpass. Either OJ was going around in circles or that whole highway looked the same.. Undecided There was nothing else on TV as they were playing continuous coverage. We were waiting for actual TV shows to come on.

A year later the TV coverage where we lived was all about the Susan Smith case. I remember the first interview I saw with her and her husband - a press conference sort of thing where she begged for her babies back. I looked at my husband and said, "One of the parents did this." No black man in SC would have taken off with a car with two little white kids in it. Especially not around Union. Not happening.

That stuff went on for days with all the speculation that goes with it until they finally got a confession out of Susan Smith...piece of shit that she is. Not sure how that played out around the country but we weren't all that far from there so it was ever present on the media.

Even when there was no 'news' they kept the story open so that when there was something to report they were already on air. I think that was the event when I realized that you have to take the first reports with a grain of salt and wait a bit for the truth to surface.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-07-2016, 09:06 AM
(19-07-2016 07:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  When there is a dangerous situation going on I think the media should report it. As in...hey, there's trouble in XYZ area, don't go there. We will give you more information as we get it.

But they fill in the gaps between initial report and what really happened with suppositions further fueling fear and adding a great deal of incorrect and/or incomplete information that is forever seen as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The news outlets work to keep their faces on as many screens as possible when they have the chance. Stay tuned and we will report any and everything even remotely related to the incident.

They remind me of commentators at a sporting event who have time to fill so they just babble away while keeping their logo in sight and their advertisers happy.
People are vampires, sucking up that blood. They love the gore on the boob tube.

True enough. If people didn't like it, they wouldn't watch it. I find it disgusting, so I don't watch much TV. I'm seeing more crap than I like, just visiting here!
19-07-2016, 09:11 AM

We went camping in the Santa Monica mountains that Friday, and were just minutes ahead of that circus. We didn't find out what all the helicopters were about until we got back home Sunday afternoon. I'd've been pretty pissed if I had gotten caught up in that parade.

The news wasn't bad enough, there was a miniseries made about the "trial of the century". My wife watched the whole thing. I caught parts as I walked through the room. What trash.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post