Mass shooting at Batman premiere

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Mass shooting at Batman premiere
WTF!?!

http://www.news.com.au/world/mass-shooti...6431167005

Quote:TEN people shot dead as masked gunman opens fire on patrons at a cinema in the US screening the new Batman movie.

Authorities have confirmed 10 dead and 39 injured in the shooting at at a cinema at a shopping mall in Aurora, Colorado.

The incident occurred at a cinema showing the Batman film The Dark Knight Rises, a police official told NBC News.

Frusty

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
25-07-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Mass shooting at Batman premiere
I cannot express the level of frustration I feel when I see friends and family asking for prayers for the shooter in addition to the victims on facebook. I have yet to come out to my entire family about my atheistic beliefs, but seeing my innocent grandmother want to save a deranged murderer has put me damn near the tipping point.
25-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Though you beat him by a day, the discussion has pretty much been taking place in Earmuff's "not so informatively titled" thread Are You Fucking Kidding Me?

You and earmuffs both asked the forum to go to prom at the same time and sadly, the forum chose earmuffs.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
25-07-2012, 01:32 PM
(20-07-2012 03:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  WTF!?!
TEN people shot dead as masked gunman opens fire on patrons at a cinema in the US screening the new Batman movie.

Authorities have confirmed 10 dead and 39 injured in the shooting at at a cinema at a shopping mall in Aurora, Colorado.

Yes... and that official count is now: 12 dead with 59 others wounded. The guy is named James Holmes and he was arranged Monday morning and will again be brought into court again early next week to officially face charges.
Here's his photo -the one where he's not smiling is just after his arrest.
[Image: jamesholmesmugshot.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
25-07-2012, 01:42 PM
(25-07-2012 01:15 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Though you beat him by a day, the discussion has pretty much been taking place in Earmuff's "not so informatively titled" thread Are You Fucking Kidding Me?

You and earmuffs both asked the forum to go to prom at the same time and sadly, the forum chose earmuffs.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I'd rather go to prom with Filox, even though I might have a slightly better chance of gettin sum from Muffs.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-07-2012, 12:59 AM
(25-07-2012 01:15 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Though you beat him by a day, the discussion has pretty much been taking place in Earmuff's "not so informatively titled" thread Are You Fucking Kidding Me?

Not that I care so much, but I think it is kinda forum-ethical for you to check the new posts before opening the exactly the same topic. 4 times, on different occasions. Must be that I am old-school internet ethics type of person, when I first started going on newsgroups, people there have explained the aspects of polite behaviour in online communities.

That is why I am nagging at people when they don't use the proper topics for their posts, or when we have double threads and so on... It is just the way I was "internet raised".

And although I did open up this thread before ears, he did go for the more dramatic subject name and that turned out be be good marketing, so people chose that thread to use. It only shows how people (even here) respond to drama sooner than to normal world news.

So, enjoy, drama-queens.

Big Grin

Tongue

-Hunter S. Thompson
26-07-2012, 08:58 AM
I take back my earlier comment. Filox wouldn't be fun at all to take to prom. He will just lecture me the whole time. Weeping

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-07-2012, 09:05 AM
(26-07-2012 08:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I take back my earlier comment. Filox wouldn't be fun at all to take to prom. He will just lecture me the whole time. Weeping

Don't come crying to me now, YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE!
[black women voice]You could have had aaaalllllll of this!! mmmhmmm[/black women voice]*finger snap*

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Erx, that would be called "superior logic", not "lecturing"...

Big Grin

You tell him ears, now he can walk alone to his prom.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnQG-DhUXWop2wH9n75Ti...tUxr9mWmEg]

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  School Shooting in Portland OR today. Hobbitgirl 65 849 14-06-2014 05:30 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Snipers in Egypt shooting at both sides. I and I 19 639 15-07-2013 08:51 PM
Last Post: Phaedrus
  Mass stabbing in Houston Anjele 27 787 11-04-2013 02:41 AM
Last Post: Heywood Jahblome
  Beginnings of a Mass Exodus? bbeljefe 0 256 22-02-2013 01:19 AM
Last Post: bbeljefe
  God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools KVron 24 1,647 30-12-2012 05:00 PM
Last Post: Elesjei
  CT shooting 20+ dead. Livelife8072 66 3,279 18-12-2012 12:14 PM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude
  Mormons quit church in mass ceremony Spivey May 11 918 27-07-2012 07:10 AM
Last Post: Chaos' Requiem