Mass shooting in Orlando

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando
What the fuck is with these people? Even as an idiot christian I could not understand the laser-focused hatred towards homosexuals. I thought gawd looked at all the sin equally eh? Guess not. Religion - all of them - can just die now. Every fucking one. Humans are better off without any of that garbage - all the fundamentalist crap can go and all the moderates can go too. We don't need hard versions of a lie and we don't need soft versions of it either.

There is no god. And you are better off living your life w/o that bullshit.

And yeah I suppose my anger has just gone to religion now and I probably shouldn't be that way, but I get so sick of this horseshit.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
12-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Comparing Christianity and Islam, while they are both bad is like comparing sore throat to cancer.

Christianity has been going trough reform since 15th century and Martin Luther and most if not all predominantly Christian countries have secular laws ( with US and lagging behind a bit as RS76 pointed out ) with citizens in those countries with very few exceptions fully understand that their religious beliefs are not above secular laws, while predominately Muslim countries either have religious law in place or, at best , their laws are largely informed by Islam.

Saying that you are an atheist in Europe might even not raise an eyebrow and
while in US Coming out as an atheist may cost you some friends and even family renounce you in worst cases , in this countries

Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

coming out as an atheist gets your head chopped off.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/12/13...th/355961/

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
12-06-2016, 04:58 PM
(12-06-2016 04:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Good Lord, someone on CNN made a horrifying and excellent point. When rescuers went in after the SWAT folks, all the bodies were still there, and they were having to ignore the constant ringing of phones from people's loved ones trying to reach the deceased and wounded.

Also news out of California. An Indiana man was arrested with ammo, some weapons, and explosives' ingredients in his car en route to a gay pride parade.

I read about the first responders hearing cell phones. That's why I had to turn off the tv. I don't have to think hard to imagine that.

My heart just breaks for the victims in their last moments and their families, friends and associates who are forced to carry on without them.

I'm becoming increasingly fearful of places I should "feel" relatively safe.

Sadcryface

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2016, 05:00 PM
(12-06-2016 04:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  I agree, focus on Islam at this time, but don't turn our backs on the potentially violent either.

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-06-2016, 05:05 PM
(12-06-2016 04:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I read about the first responders hearing cell phones. That's why I had to turn off the tv. I don't have to think hard to imagine that.

My heart just breaks for the victims in their last moments and their families, friends and associates who are forced to carry on without them.

Sadcryface

I am seldom in a crowd, by choice...this kind of thing makes 'never' in a crowd look like a better choice. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
12-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Another Muslim nutcase in crazy ole America.
12-06-2016, 05:21 PM
(12-06-2016 04:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  What the fuck is with these people? Even as an idiot christian I could not understand the laser-focused hatred towards homosexuals. I thought gawd looked at all the sin equally eh? Guess not. Religion - all of them - can just die now. Every fucking one. Humans are better off without any of that garbage - all the fundamentalist crap can go and all the moderates can go too. We don't need hard versions of a lie and we don't need soft versions of it either.

There is no god. And you are better off living your life w/o that bullshit.

And yeah I suppose my anger has just gone to religion now and I probably shouldn't be that way, but I get so sick of this horseshit.

Every choirboy who's been bent over the altar by a raving maniac of a priest with a hardon, would agree with you.........................

Remember -- that religion, like rape --- is about CONTROL and POWER...............

It's not surprising in the least that the most "devout" are the ones running around with a terminal woodie, looking for something warm to drive it home into...............

And the most vicious -- are the ones screaming "KILL THE FAGS" --- simply because they can't face up to the fact that they find the idea of a hard penis, strangely enticing..................

Sad, ain't it???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-06-2016, 05:23 PM
(12-06-2016 04:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I read about the first responders hearing cell phones. That's why I had to turn off the tv. I don't have to think hard to imagine that.

Sadcryface

Ditto on all counts, it's the point where I turned to Family Feud on Game Show Network. And on the increasingly fearful part, have to admit that after every university shooting, I feel that way about teaching in class the next day.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-06-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm not inclined to think this was directly faith related. Although ... who knows what was going on inside this disturbed person's mind? I do think whatever was on his mind, had been there and festering for quite a while.

I think this was a violent person who blamed others for his own insecurities and problems. It's a typical trait of a spouse abuser. His ex says he wasn't particularly religious ... but he was abusive.

I almost think, if there's any connection to religion or ISL or even LGBT phobia, he used it to justify his own uncontrollable violence. I think he must have been delusional enough think he wouldn't die alone if he took others out with him. I think it was essentially suicide by cop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...story.html

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-06-2016, 05:40 PM
(12-06-2016 05:29 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm not inclined to think this was directly faith related. Although ... who knows what was going on inside this disturbed person's mind? I do think whatever was on his mind, had been there and festering for quite a while.

I think this was a violent person who blamed others for his own insecurities and problems. It's a typical trait of a spouse abuser. His ex says he wasn't particularly religious ... but he was abusive.

I almost think, if there's any connection to religion or ISL or even LGBT phobia, he used it to justify his own uncontrollable violence. I think he must have been delusional enough think he wouldn't die alone if he took others out with him. I think it was essentially suicide by cop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...story.html

The "suicide by cop" part -- I think is probably fundamental to these things...

It's too bad they don't have a phone number these whackadoodles could call -- and have some nice policeman (who by definition would have to be a psychopath) -- would respond to the call, come over and put a bullet right in their sick little heads --- thus saving everyone else the problem of their self-despising drama...............

Hell --- we probably wouldn't even need to pay the cop who does the job......... There'd probably be a waiting list of guys who'd want to do it.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.