Mass shooting in Orlando

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 02:20 PM by kim.)
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando
This murderer's commitment to any terrorist organization or hate group remains questionable.

According to his own 911 calls, he seems to have been clutching at the few available straws, to make sense of his own actions.

This guy was just violent and didn't seem to understand why, or even who he hated.

What a sickening tragedy. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
13-06-2016, 02:18 PM
(13-06-2016 02:16 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 02:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Are you asking me what say you GirlyPussy "17 victims or thousands of victims?" Do you think I'm gonna answer that?

No, that's not what I was asking you.

Okay. Gimme a minute. I'll reread.

#sigh
13-06-2016, 02:25 PM
(13-06-2016 02:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 02:16 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  No, that's not what I was asking you.

Okay. Gimme a minute. I'll reread.

What I was asking is, do you agree that the number of victims and the frequency of the attacks should be a factor in determining what ideology is the most dangerous one in regards to terrorism.

And I was suggesting that, if you take the number of victims and frequency of the attacks into consideration, it becomes more than obvious that we have a major problem with Islam and not with the Christianity.
And that is not to say that Christianity or Christian terror are not the problem, just that we have a much bigger one with Islam as an Ideology right now.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
13-06-2016, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 02:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-06-2016 02:25 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 02:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Okay. Gimme a minute. I'll reread.

What I was asking is, do you agree that the number of victims and the frequency of the attacks should be a factor in determining what ideology is the most dangerous one in regards to terrorism.

Yes. But I don't have the expertise to perform a proper statistical treatment.

(13-06-2016 02:25 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  And I was suggesting that, if you take the number of victims and frequency of the attacks into consideration, it becomes more than obvious that we have a major problem with Islam and not with the Christianity. And that is not to say that Christianity or Christian terror are not the problem, just that we have a much bigger one with Islam as an Ideology right now.

Depends on who you call "we". Lord's Resistance Army. Now them fuckers are some seriously badass Christians. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-06-2016, 02:45 PM
(13-06-2016 02:06 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What people are saying is not "all Muslims are terrorists"[...]

Actually, we have here in America a Presidential candidate making a lot of hay from that sunshine. He espouses barring all Muslim refugees in the name of national security, and he is getting quite a bit of support for it. He trades in xenophobia, and Muslims are a yuuuuuuge target of his xenophobia.

So clearly, the message that "not all Muslims are terrorists" needs more repating and deeper understanding.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Found this quote on Twitter today: "We live in a world where Christianity is demonized over cake and Islam is defended despite 50 dead at a gay club. Amazing."

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-06-2016, 03:33 PM
(13-06-2016 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 02:25 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What I was asking is, do you agree that the number of victims and the frequency of the attacks should be a factor in determining what ideology is the most dangerous one in regards to terrorism.

Yes. But I don't have the expertise to perform a proper statistical treatment.

Ok, fair enough.

(13-06-2016 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 02:25 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  And I was suggesting that, if you take the number of victims and frequency of the attacks into consideration, it becomes more than obvious that we have a major problem with Islam and not with the Christianity. And that is not to say that Christianity or Christian terror are not the problem, just that we have a much bigger one with Islam as an Ideology right now.

Depends on who you call "we". Lord's Resistance Army. Now them fuckers are some seriously badass Christians. Drinking Beverage

Fair point, it depends. When I said "we" I mostly meant western countries as in "civilized", but now I realize you probably don't consider me as a part of a civilized world, so my voice on the matter must be quite redundant from your perspective.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
13-06-2016, 03:34 PM
That sounds pretty witty until you look at the media, Vos. Fear sells.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
13-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Mass shooting in Orlando
(13-06-2016 03:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Found this quote on Twitter today: "We live in a world where Christianity is demonized over cake and Islam is defended despite 50 dead at a gay club. Amazing."

Reminds me of this.
[Image: 9486477259fe4dfa1c428c7ccacfb160.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like KUSA's post
13-06-2016, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 04:24 PM by GirlyMan.)

#sigh