Mass shooting in Orlando

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando
(14-06-2016 08:47 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  More than half of Evangelical Christians feel the same way. [...]

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/06/22/globa...t-leaders/

Slight correction... More than half of Evangelical Protestant Leaders who were surveyed by Pew felt the same way. I dare say if you could survey all evangelical protestants, you'd find a less damning outcome.

Leaders of any/all sects or religions will inevitably have far more dogmatic viewpoints about nearly everything than the rank and file, and also adhere much more rigidly to holy edicts. I guess the import of this survey was to ascertain what life "rules" these religious leaders were teaching their flocks, rather than measuring the flock's acquiescence to those rules.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
14-06-2016, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2016 06:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-06-2016 09:23 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Watch Trump's poll numbers rise.

You mean like this?

Clinton Has 12-Point Edge Over Trump in Bloomberg National Poll

When 2 out of 3 women say they will NEVER vote for you, you cannot win. When 55% of likely voters say they will NEVER vote for you, you cannot win. When 3 out of 4 non-whites support your opponent you cannot win. When 50% of white men support you while Romney got 62% of white men and lost, you will not win.

You're such a brilliant prognosticator that I'm willing to bet against almost anything you predict.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-06-2016, 04:42 PM
I just watched an interview of one of the dudes who lived through that shooting, but lost his best friend.

I don't even know these poor victims... but I know the guy doing the killing is the kind of piece of shit that'd chop a little girl's head off for gawd. Angry

I want to see these cunts skinned alive, and dipped in salt! Censored Fuck em!

14-06-2016, 04:42 PM
(14-06-2016 02:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hope this happens...while I'll admit I run hot and cold with Huff Post, this opinion piece nails it, the vigils should affirm atheist and humanists and not just pound the regilgous tripe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-crof...48526.html

Could not agree more with those sentiments.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
14-06-2016, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2016 05:05 PM by Slowminded.)
(14-06-2016 01:02 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm getting a little exhausted of people deflecting legitimate criticism of the problems we already have with Christian culture by pointing to the fact that Muslim culture is in many ways worse. It's compounded when people try to treat every Muslim as if they agree with the violent and bigoted sentiments of the fundamentalists, and when people try to point out that it's a small group of Muslims who are the problem so maybe we should question our harsh treatment of all members of that religion, we're attacked for "defending Islamists", which is of course the opposite of what we're doing.

Of course I'm going to primarily focus on Christians, as they impact my life more often... in Europe, they've mostly been suppressed, thankfully. Very rarely does Muslim culture impact people in Western society, though that is changing with the influx of medievalist Muslims into Europe and elsewhere. As such, it is right to begin pointing out that A) it is definitely a major problem, and B) it's the same root problem we already deal with among the Christian extremists.

Of course you focus on problems with Christianity because your life is more impacted
by that, but god forbid that the rest of us focus on something that impacts our lives more, like the bolded part of your post ?

There are at least 10 times more threads discussing exclusively Christianity ,then there are threads discussing Islam even remotely , so don't even pretend that the focus is stolen from Christianity and that people "deflecting legitimate criticism of Christianity " is a problem on this forum.
If you are talking about situations outside of this forum, I can't help you there.

The rest of your post....as far as I am concerned, you are tilting at windmills, so I understand you being exhausted.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Now there is talk about a grand jury for his wife...they speculate she knew and did nothing to stop him.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-florid...SKCN0Z017C

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-06-2016, 06:10 PM
(14-06-2016 05:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Now there is talk about a grand jury for his wife...they speculate she knew and did nothing to stop him.

My husband just told me. A friend said last night that a guy in 911 was telling them someone was holding the door and no one could get out.
14-06-2016, 06:18 PM
(14-06-2016 06:10 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 05:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Now there is talk about a grand jury for his wife...they speculate she knew and did nothing to stop him.

My husband just told me. A friend said last night that a guy in 911 was telling them someone was holding the door and no one could get out.

Holy fuck! If she helped him in anyway, she deserves whatever she gets.

Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-06-2016, 06:57 PM
(14-06-2016 06:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 06:10 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My husband just told me. A friend said last night that a guy in 911 was telling them someone was holding the door and no one could get out.

Holy fuck! If she helped him in anyway, she deserves whatever she gets.

Sadcryface

Makes you think that she found out about his being gay and made him deliver religious justice to himself and other gays.... that would be so sick! Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-06-2016, 07:13 PM
(14-06-2016 06:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 06:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Holy fuck! If she helped him in anyway, she deserves whatever she gets.

Sadcryface

Makes you think that she found out about his being gay and made him deliver religious justice to himself and other gays.... that would be so sick! Confused

We're only a couple days into this.

A lot of shit can change I guess. CNN had originally said he was divorced.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post