Mass shooting in Orlando

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando
(14-06-2016 07:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 06:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Makes you think that she found out about his being gay and made him deliver religious justice to himself and other gays.... that would be so sick! Confused

We're only a couple days into this.

A lot of shit can change I guess. CNN had originally said he was divorced.

And remarried with a child.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2016, 08:02 PM
And then there are assholes like this!

From the Washington Post:

" 'Pastor refuses to mourn Orlando victims: ‘The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die’ "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts...didnt-die/

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-06-2016, 08:32 PM
(14-06-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 07:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We're only a couple days into this.

A lot of shit can change I guess. CNN had originally said he was divorced.

And remarried with a child.

They revealed that part later on.

(14-06-2016 08:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And then there are assholes like this!

" 'Pastor refuses to mourn Orlando victims: ‘The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die’ "

Was the asshole in Sacramento or a different new jackass?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-06-2016, 08:39 PM
I was just listening to a true crime podcast I follow. They played a clip of some preacher, from Arizona I think, ranting about how he wasn't going to feel sad that all those 'pedophiles' are dead. He isn't going to promote violence but basically they got what they deserved. Facepalm

I am sure we will be hearing more of the same.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-06-2016, 08:49 PM
(14-06-2016 08:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I was just listening to a true crime podcast I follow. They played a clip of some preacher, from Arizona I think, ranting about how he wasn't going to feel sad that all those 'pedophiles' are dead. He isn't going to promote violence but basically they got what they deserved. Facepalm

I am sure we will be hearing more of the same.

There was a dude from Sacramento Califorinia that said the same thing.

http://m.kcra.com/news/sacramento-pastor...o/40049716

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-06-2016, 08:56 PM
(14-06-2016 08:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And then there are assholes like this!

I read through that entire article and now I'm off to the pharmacy for eye bleach Weeping
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
14-06-2016, 09:07 PM
(14-06-2016 11:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 10:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Can you post some examples? I haven't seen CNN, the Huffington Post, the New York Times, MSNBC or the Washington Post peddling Islamophobia after this tragedy occurred.

I wasn't speaking specifically about the reportage of this attack, but in general.

Here's information from Wiki for Fox, the highest-rated cable news outlet in America. And that same article points out the hubbub over the so-called "Ground Zero mosque" was largely fueled by media coverage which misrepresented the intent and even location of the community center.

(13-06-2016 10:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Can we stop using that ridiculous term already, by the way? There's nothing irrational about being afraid of or hating an ideology whose adherents are prone to commit violence against those who criticize or act counter to their religious beliefs.

I agree that the term is bruited about unfairly at times, but the fact is that the majority of Western Muslims don't support terrorism. Yet they are lumped in with the terrorists all the same by too many Americans. In those cases, it is fair to call Islamophobia what it is.

(13-06-2016 10:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  No, that guy lost the election by a very narrow margin (>1%).

Thanks for the correction.
I don't know about you, but those numbers are very concerning to me. There are an estimated 3.3 million Muslim Americans currently living in the US. Now, according to that poll,

1% of them think that suicide bombings are often justified (33,000)
8% of them think that suicide bombings are sometimes justified (264,000)
5% of them think that suicide bombings are rarely justified (165,000)

That's 462,000 people who don't categorically rule out suicide bombings as wrong. However, it gets worse. The poll goes on to say that

2% of them view Al-Qaeda very favorably (66,000)
3% of them view Al-Qaeda somewhat favorably (99,000)

That's 165,000 American Muslims who have a favorable view of the radical Islamic terrorist organization which is responsible for the 9/11 attacks. There's no question that you're right about them being a minority, but it's a disturbingly large one. Shocking

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-06-2016, 09:34 PM
(14-06-2016 09:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 11:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I wasn't speaking specifically about the reportage of this attack, but in general.

Here's information from Wiki for Fox, the highest-rated cable news outlet in America. And that same article points out the hubbub over the so-called "Ground Zero mosque" was largely fueled by media coverage which misrepresented the intent and even location of the community center.

I agree that the term is bruited about unfairly at times, but the fact is that the majority of Western Muslims don't support terrorism. Yet they are lumped in with the terrorists all the same by too many Americans. In those cases, it is fair to call Islamophobia what it is.

Thanks for the correction.
I don't know about you, but those numbers are very concerning to me. There are an estimated 3.3 million Muslim Americans currently living in the US. Now, according to that poll,

That's 462,000 people who don't categorically rule out suicide bombings as wrong. However, it gets worse. The poll goes on to say that

That's 165,000 American Muslims who have a favorable view of the radical Islamic terrorist organization which is responsible for the 9/11 attacks. There's no question that you're right about them being a minority, but it's a disturbingly large one. Shocking

Do you have a solution?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Not a surprise at all that these religious fucks are saying this shit. One of my first thoughts after this happened was "Great... now that fuckin' zombie parasite Pat Robertson is going to take advantage of another tragedy". Kind of a weird first thought to have, but whatever. Guess I'm cynical that way.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
14-06-2016, 09:50 PM
(14-06-2016 09:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 09:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't know about you, but those numbers are very concerning to me. There are an estimated 3.3 million Muslim Americans currently living in the US. Now, according to that poll,

Do you have a solution?
Yeah. You might even say that I have a final solution. Angel

On a more serious note: No, I don't know how to solve this problem. I'm not optimistic enough to believe that Islam will experience a reformation within my lifetime and I also don't believe that the US government is going to adopt a sensible foreign policy for the Middle East anytime soon. The military industrial complex stands to earn too much money for there to ever be peace in that region.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]