Mass shooting in Orlando

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando
Just a thought, do media sites really need to say it's the "deadliest mass shooting", considering how media reporting influences future shootings?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2016, 09:59 AM
(12-06-2016 09:57 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Just a thought, do media sites really need to say it's the "deadliest mass shooting", considering how media reporting influences future shootings?

the media doesnt give a shit. anything to sensationalize a story.
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
12-06-2016, 09:59 AM
How horrifying and terrible.
12-06-2016, 10:01 AM
The Independent Wrote:Police have identified the gunman in the mass shooting at a gay club in Florida as 29-year-old Omar Mateen, an American citizen whose parents are from Afghanistan.

Quote:Mateen was born in New York, NBC News reports.

Quote:Mateen had a license to be a security office and a firearms license in Florida, according to the state records.

Quote:he was "on the radar" of U.S. officials for some time, but was not the target of a specific investigation, law enforcement officials told ABC News.

Homegrown. Trained and licenced to carry in the US. Possible Islamic extremist but authorities are still investigating.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
12-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Father of shooter said he was upset when he saw gay people kissing and hugging each other.

Bet there's a few Christians that secretly agree that gay people deserved it. It's a horrible thought but I'll bet down deep some Christians are thinking this.

Edit: He was a security guard.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-06-2016, 10:07 AM
(12-06-2016 09:57 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Just a thought, do media sites really need to say it's the "deadliest mass shooting", considering how media reporting influences future shootings?

I'm not so sure this was spurred by competitiveness.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
12-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Dude was gay.
He hated gays with a passion.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-06-2016, 10:13 AM

I don't think that is thought out. The media is just in a hurry to get a headline out. Not that I think that's right but I don't think they are intentionally challenging someone to cause a deadlier mass shooting. But I understand what you mean.

This will unfold like all these tragedies do. First there will be bits and pieces of information and then speculation and over time the real story will come out. A few weeks or months from now the story will read very differently I predict.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
12-06-2016, 10:14 AM
(12-06-2016 10:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Dude was gay.
He hated gays with a passion.
Facepalm

Probably. But wow. Isn't it dreadful when people kiss and hug each other? Oh! The Horror!!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-06-2016, 10:14 AM
(12-06-2016 10:07 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

I'm not so sure this was spurred by competitiveness.

I'm not saying this one was, but others might be.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post