Mass shooting in Orlando

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando
(12-06-2016 02:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ????

He had one concealed carry permit.

He also had a "security guard" type license (I'm unfamiliar with).

Class G License - and no I got no fucking idea of the difference. Does the class G license provide permissions that the usual concealed carry permit does not? Or is the class G license superfluous?

It says the weapon must be carried openly...not concealed. And it limits what kind of weapon and how many they can have when performing their duties in security work.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Also from an earlier link: Please note that Florida does not require a license to own a firearm. People are referring to the license as a "firearms" license. It is actually a license for him to carry a concealed firearm.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

12-06-2016, 02:29 PM
(12-06-2016 02:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Class G License - and no I got no fucking idea of the difference. Does the class G license provide permissions that the usual concealed carry permit does not? Or is the class G license superfluous?

It says the weapon must be carried openly...not concealed. And it limits what kind of weapon and how many they can have when performing their duties in security work.

So it actually strips permissions from licensed security officers while on duty. The firearm needs to be seen to indicate a security presence. Makes sense actually. Thanks. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Here's the most info I've found in one place: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tages.html

Fuck this guy. According to his ex-wife, he was more normal (and fairly non-religious) in his early 20s, but was radicalized during a trip overseas (she didn't say it like that, but it fits the timeline), after which he was violent and abusive toward her. He go onto FBI watch lists for bragging to people about his terrorist group "connections". He was a tiny-brained wannabe who couldn't handle women who weren't doormats and any other type of person who didn't fit his stereotypes... and who got recruited by those religious-criminal types, who prey upon the gullible.

ETA: Oh, and Slowminded, keep in mind that the USA would have been on that world-map of yours until 2004.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Absolutely horrible news. What a nightmare they must have went through.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
12-06-2016, 02:34 PM
(12-06-2016 02:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It says the weapon must be carried openly...not concealed. And it limits what kind of weapon and how many they can have when performing their duties in security work.

So it actually strips permissions from licensed security officers while on duty. The firearm needs to be seen to indicate a security presence. Makes sense actually. Thanks. Thumbsup

I think that's the first time you learned something from me instead of the other way around. I feel pretty good about that. Girl_nails

But basically this guy had open and concealed carry licensure. While working security his weapon had to be open and provided by his employer.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Well, it's all going to be ok with all those prayer requests. Dodgy

Those people don't really need prayers. Something real needs to be done to prevent these fuckwits.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2016, 02:42 PM
(12-06-2016 02:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, it's all going to be ok with all those prayer requests. Dodgy

Those people don't really need prayers. Something real needs to be done to prevent these fuckwits.

Wait, are the prayers from the homophobic Muslims or from the homophobic Christians? I have trouble telling them apart, rhetorically, until the body count starts. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-06-2016, 02:42 PM
(12-06-2016 02:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, it's all going to be ok with all those prayer requests. Dodgy

Luckily lots of people are donating blood.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
12-06-2016, 02:58 PM
(12-06-2016 02:30 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ETA: Oh, and Slowminded, keep in mind that the USA would have been on that world-map of yours until 2004.

Yes, and it would be because of religious fundamentalism as it is in the countries listed.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post