Mass shooting in Orlando

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando

I don't even know why we act surprised anymore.

I support a ban.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post
12-06-2016, 03:06 PM
(12-06-2016 02:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, it's all going to be ok with all those prayer requests. Dodgy

Those people don't really need prayers. Something real needs to be done to prevent these fuckwits.

Yeah, how annoying is that? Every time they ask someone how people can help the answer is pray. Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-06-2016, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 03:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-06-2016 02:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, it's all going to be ok with all those prayer requests. Dodgy

Those people don't really need prayers. Something real needs to be done to prevent these fuckwits.

I watched a former DHS and FBI G-man on Fox and what he essentially said is that this is the price we pay for a free and open society. We can use big data analytics on open sources to anticipate coordinated attacks by organized groups, but the lone wolf is something completely different.

I'd argue that regardless of the state of technology the only person who could possibly identify the Unabomber was his brother. And it took him decades.

Eric Rudolph eluded us for 8 years. Fucker just picked the wrong dumpster at the wrong time or he'd still be running.

#sigh
12-06-2016, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 03:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-06-2016 03:03 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  I support a ban.

On what, Matt? On that empathy you find so difficult to embrace?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Sad news. Yet another religious nutter lets loose. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-06-2016, 03:23 PM
(12-06-2016 03:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 03:03 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  I support a ban.

On what, Matt? On that empathy you find so difficult to embrace?

I'd just like to hear how it would be implemented in a way that would work.
12-06-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm turning off the news. I just can't watch the same thing over and over.

I trust if there are any new developments the good people here will update this thread.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2016, 03:31 PM
(12-06-2016 03:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm turning off the news. I just can't watch the same thing over and over.

I trust if there are any new developments the good people here will update this thread.

Turned it off hours ago. Same reason.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
12-06-2016, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 03:41 PM by SitaSky.)
I saw Hamid Karzai on CNN earlier talking about how the kind of hate that fueled this shooter has nothing to do with Islam, it was all done in the name of violence. The last I checked violence isn't an ideology, but Islam is and it's not like the Koran is a peaceful loving book, just like the Bible it condones some nasty immoral actions.

I would never in a million years treat a Muslim badly or unfairly just because of their faith but we need to call like we see it, religion destroys minds and hearts. It condones terrorism in the name of a theocracy, a political system based on Iron age morals. Why can't we just say the truth?

I was so disappointed to see this cowardly killer was Muslim, even if he was Christian I would've been upset over it because we can do better than this folks! We need to give up this religious bullshit and embrace secularism and humanism. I'm just so sick of it, this God, this shit for brains asshole who doesn't even fucking exist invading our existence and ending the precious lives of innocents who just wanted to go to the damn club, get drunk and have a good time and they were plunged onto eternal oblivion for no damn reason. I won't accept that it was their sexual preference and who they chose to love, that's not a valid fucking reason.

I know psychopaths go out and kill people with no religious purpose whatsoever but when something like this happens for a spiritual or political reason, it just makes my blood boil. I can understand mental disorders and the need for better mental health care in this country but I can't understand this kind of dogmatic violence that will only beget more violence, more intolerance and more ignorance. I'm sorry to rant but it just bothers me so much, those poor people, my heart breaks for them.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 11 users Like SitaSky's post
12-06-2016, 03:41 PM
(12-06-2016 03:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 03:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  On what, Matt? On that empathy you find so difficult to embrace?

I'd just like to hear how it would be implemented in a way that would work.

To girly, how about banning the group of people who think all infidels should be killed?

To Pablo, simply ban the practice of terrorists cults, and properly label Islam as a terrorist cult? IDK, we'll let Trump figure out the details.....

Girly, why you think I have no empathy?
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post