Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Mass shootings every single day!
Good God! This is happening EVERY SINGLE DAY NOW!!!

A mall in Oregon on Wednsday, A suicide and shooting in a school in Alabama on Thursday and now this outrage at a Connecticut school WHERE 20 PEOPLE DIE???????????

I don't know what is driving this glut in mass shootings but it has got to stop. We have got to address the issue of guns, mental health and social issues here in the United States. This just doesnt happen in these high of numbers in other western countries. It's pure insanity.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
14-12-2012, 02:33 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
I think in a lot of cases it is a misguided sense of entitlement. And the moment something doesn't go your way, the rightful indignation kicks in and everyone else has to pay. Because the world owes you. Like a kid throwing a temper tantrum. But with guns.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
14-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I think poor mental health treatment is a huge factor.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-12-2012, 02:40 PM
(rhetorical question coming)

I wonder where people would get the idea that killing people would solve things, or where would someone get the idea that in order to get what one wants they have to fuck other people over.

Ooooh, big screen tv's are on sale for the after christmas sale.
14-12-2012, 05:30 PM
(14-12-2012 02:40 PM)I and I Wrote:  (rhetorical question coming)

I wonder where people would get the idea that killing people would solve things, or where would someone get the idea that in order to get what one wants they have to fuck other people over.

Ooooh, big screen tv's are on sale for the after christmas sale.
Human nature, you fucking shmoe.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
14-12-2012, 05:53 PM
This nation simply needs to have stricter laws on the possession of military style weapons.

I am also sick of hearing religious apologist trying to explain this ad some lesson from God
14-12-2012, 06:42 PM
I think often it's a desire for fame as well as being suicidal. Going out with a bang. Making sure everyone will talk about you after you're gone.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-12-2012, 08:16 PM
(14-12-2012 05:53 PM)ChristianSoldier Wrote:  This nation simply needs to have stricter laws on the possession of military style weapons.

Define a military style weapon. One that is based on a weapon in active service in the US military? In any military? What about weapons that used to be in military service, but aren't anymore? Or how about one that looks like a military weapon? One that shoots full auto? Semi-auto? What about bolt actions and pump actions in use by the military? Should they be banned too? Or are you going to ban based on calibre? Or on features that the gun possesses? Or should there be a whitelist delineating what guns should be legal and all others should be illegal? Who makes that list, and how do they decide? Or should we just ban every gun that could kill someone?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
14-12-2012, 08:42 PM
(14-12-2012 08:16 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 05:53 PM)ChristianSoldier Wrote:  This nation simply needs to have stricter laws on the possession of military style weapons.

Define a military style weapon. One that is based on a weapon in active service in the US military? In any military? What about weapons that used to be in military service, but aren't anymore? Or how about one that looks like a military weapon? One that shoots full auto? Semi-auto? What about bolt actions and pump actions in use by the military? Should they be banned too? Or are you going to ban based on calibre? Or on features that the gun possesses? Or should there be a whitelist delineating what guns should be legal and all others should be illegal? Who makes that list, and how do they decide? Or should we just ban every gun that could kill someone?
How about a simple restriction on ammunition.
Apart from zombie apocalypse please tell me in what realistic situation you are going to need over 6,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm?
A simple restriction of say 20 of these bullets may curve the severity of shootings like this without out right banning guns.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-12-2012, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 09:36 PM by Phaedrus.)
(14-12-2012 08:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 08:16 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Define a military style weapon. One that is based on a weapon in active service in the US military? In any military? What about weapons that used to be in military service, but aren't anymore? Or how about one that looks like a military weapon? One that shoots full auto? Semi-auto? What about bolt actions and pump actions in use by the military? Should they be banned too? Or are you going to ban based on calibre? Or on features that the gun possesses? Or should there be a whitelist delineating what guns should be legal and all others should be illegal? Who makes that list, and how do they decide? Or should we just ban every gun that could kill someone?
How about a simple restriction on ammunition.
Apart from zombie apocalypse please tell me in what realistic situation you are going to need over 6,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm?
A simple restriction of say 20 of these bullets may curve the severity of shootings like this without out right banning guns.

An hour on the range can easily burn through 100-200 rounds or more. I once spent a day on the range with my dad and we fired 500 rounds of .22LR, 40 rounds of .30-06, and almost a hundred rounds of 9x18mm. One five hour session. Most of our sessions were 2 hours, and we still burned through 100-300 rounds.

A couple dozen rounds is not enough for practice or self-defense or sporting purposes. Heck, 20 rounds won't even fill a standard capacity magazine for many sporting guns. 20 rounds of 9mm would fill one Glock 17 mag and give you 3 rounds left over. That's not enough to practice with.

Even a number in the hundreds doesn't make any sense, because then you're not limiting the lethality of a psychopath anymore.

Some people buy thousands of rounds of ammunition because it's cheaper in bulk;
Others buy in the thousands because the price of ammunition is always going up and they want to save money in the future;
Others buy thousands of rounds in case of a nuclear war or other scenario where government control falls apart, and a gun and ammunition might save their life;
Still others are afraid of a ban, so they want to buy their ammunition now before the gov'mint comes and shuts down the gun stores;

Psychopaths don't buy thousands of rounds. They buy about the same amount as any legitimate shooter, they just use it on living targets instead of paper or cans.

Keep trying.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post