Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
It appears you conveniently forgot the law that reinstates the ban on assault weapons.

An AR 15? Really?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 01:07 PM
(16-12-2012 10:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I said they are much more difficult to obtain than a firearm.
I could go to Home Depot and get everything I need for an OKC style bomb in 1 trip. If I want to purchase a firearm I have to fill out paperwork for a background check and go through a 3 day waiting period. I personally don't know anyone that would give or sell me their gun without offering way more than it's worth and even then, it's already illegal to do so.
Incorrect. You can go to any gun show and purchase a weapon without any type of background check.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
17-12-2012, 01:08 PM
(17-12-2012 01:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 10:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I could go to Home Depot and get everything I need for an OKC style bomb in 1 trip. If I want to purchase a firearm I have to fill out paperwork for a background check and go through a 3 day waiting period. I personally don't know anyone that would give or sell me their gun without offering way more than it's worth and even then, it's already illegal to do so.
Incorrect. You can go to any gun show and purchase a weapon without any type of background check.
And it's bullshit. That loophole has been known for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:09 PM
No such thing as a gun show loophole. Buying a gun at a gun show is not in any way different from buying it at a gun store. Can you tell me what you think the loophole is, so I may point out that you are in fact mistaken?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:11 PM
(17-12-2012 08:39 AM)Wolftyr72 Wrote:  So you set around and debate what is a "military weapon" and the discussion screeches to a halt right there. You derail the discussion and confuse the topic. I thought that the big issue is what can be done to help prevent things like this from happening again. Are you more worried that you might not have access to purchase 1000s of rounds of ammo or protecting seven year old children from being gunned down in school? Are you focusing on what features your weapon should be allowed to have or if deeply depressed suicidal people should have access to go out in a blaze of supposed glory? Is your ability to purchase a stockpile of weapons "just in case those commies come" more important than keeping weapons from being used in wholesale slaughter of innocents?

The rights and protection of the few should not rule over the rights and protection of the many.

As a reference, I am a veteran myself and I qualified as an expert on the range as well. I also carried an expert badge for grenades and the M203 grenade launcher. That doesn't mean I should get to carry grenades does it? FFS, wake up and look at what is going on people. Stop being selfish and try, just try to think of the big picture.

Are you more interested in protecting seven year old children with well-thought out legislation that tackles the root problems and has a good chance of reducing these incidents while preserving peoples' rights? Or are you more interested in passing legislation to make it look like you're helping, regardless of whether or not it actually does?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:15 PM
(17-12-2012 01:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Incorrect. You can go to any gun show and purchase a weapon without any type of background check.
And it's bullshit. That loophole has been known for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is still a persistent controversy today.

17-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Gee, Ms. Lanza's purchase of assault ordnance really worked out in self-protection. We definitely need that thar second amendment.

17-12-2012, 01:21 PM
(17-12-2012 01:11 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 08:39 AM)Wolftyr72 Wrote:  So you set around and debate what is a "military weapon" and the discussion screeches to a halt right there. You derail the discussion and confuse the topic. I thought that the big issue is what can be done to help prevent things like this from happening again. Are you more worried that you might not have access to purchase 1000s of rounds of ammo or protecting seven year old children from being gunned down in school? Are you focusing on what features your weapon should be allowed to have or if deeply depressed suicidal people should have access to go out in a blaze of supposed glory? Is your ability to purchase a stockpile of weapons "just in case those commies come" more important than keeping weapons from being used in wholesale slaughter of innocents?

The rights and protection of the few should not rule over the rights and protection of the many.

As a reference, I am a veteran myself and I qualified as an expert on the range as well. I also carried an expert badge for grenades and the M203 grenade launcher. That doesn't mean I should get to carry grenades does it? FFS, wake up and look at what is going on people. Stop being selfish and try, just try to think of the big picture.

Are you more interested in protecting seven year old children with well-thought out legislation that tackles the root problems and has a good chance of reducing these incidents while preserving peoples' rights? Or are you more interested in passing legislation to make it look like you're helping, regardless of whether or not it actually does?
I am interested in making psychiatric care readily available and prohibiting assault weapons. I don't know if anyone knows this, but assault rifles are legal for purchase, and have been for 9 years now. A weapons ban is part of preventing a repeat of this event.

These background checks definitely do not seem to do their job either. The criminals who obtain firearms are not identified before they act.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
17-12-2012, 01:23 PM
(17-12-2012 01:09 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  No such thing as a gun show loophole. Buying a gun at a gun show is not in any way different from buying it at a gun store. Can you tell me what you think the loophole is, so I may point out that you are in fact mistaken?
So, you are required to go through a background check at a gun show?

Also, you are required to show id, correct? I know people who have walked up to the seller, who then refused to sell to them because they were not a citizen of that state. The person then turned to the next person in line, handed them the cash, and asked them to buy it for them. In full view and auditory range of the seller, who then sold it to the next person in line, who then gave it to the original person.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:24 PM
That's bull and shit.

—Thomas Henry Huxley