Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
(17-12-2012 01:21 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:11 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Are you more interested in protecting seven year old children with well-thought out legislation that tackles the root problems and has a good chance of reducing these incidents while preserving peoples' rights? Or are you more interested in passing legislation to make it look like you're helping, regardless of whether or not it actually does?
I am interested in making psychiatric care readily available and prohibiting assault weapons. I don't know if anyone knows this, but assault rifles are legal for purchase, and have been for 9 years now.
I don't know if you know this, but assault rifles have never been illegal, but they have been highly regulated since the 1930s. You're thinking about the Assault Weapon Ban, which is pretty much bullshit that doesn't ban assault rifles under any definition of the word except "scary guns!!!!!"

Assault rifle:
[Image: m16a1.gif]

Not assault rifle:
[Image: AR-15.jpg]

Look similar don't they? One lets you "spray and pray", the other doesn't. One is federally restricted, the other is not. I get the feeling that you think both should be illegal. Fine. Use the right terms.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
17-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Funny how people who want more laws restricting gun ownership typically know very little about existing gun laws.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
17-12-2012, 01:28 PM
And yet you can still buy kits to mod these weapons so as to effectively make them into automatic weapons. Things that turn the trigger into a hair trigger without the need for any real pull-back, giving the imitation of fully automatic fire. Completely legal to purchase.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
I am going to assume you are joking.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
(17-12-2012 01:21 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:11 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Are you more interested in protecting seven year old children with well-thought out legislation that tackles the root problems and has a good chance of reducing these incidents while preserving peoples' rights? Or are you more interested in passing legislation to make it look like you're helping, regardless of whether or not it actually does?
I am interested in making psychiatric care readily available and prohibiting assault weapons. I don't know if anyone knows this, but assault rifles are legal for purchase, and have been for 9 years now. A weapons ban is part of preventing a repeat of this event.

These background checks definitely do not seem to do their job either. The criminals who obtain firearms are not identified before they act.
An AR-15 is not an assault rifle.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2012, 01:30 PM
And at some point, an assault rifle with a 100 round magazine clip that isn't fully auto but is instead limited by the speed of your finger, isn't any better.

The founding fathers dealt with weapons that were 1 round a minute if you were quick. One person could not be a mobile armory or decimate an entire group of people.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:30 PM
(17-12-2012 01:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And yet you can still buy kits to mod these weapons so as to effectively make them into automatic weapons. Things that turn the trigger into a hair trigger without the need for any real pull-back, giving the imitation of fully automatic fire. Completely legal to purchase.
The trigger has nothing to do with it. If you're thinking of bump-fire stocks, then yes I agree those need to be ATF regulated as machine gun parts.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:31 PM
(17-12-2012 01:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And at some point, an assault rifle with a 100 round magazine clip that isn't fully auto but is instead limited by the speed of your finger, isn't any better.

The founding fathers dealt with weapons that were 1 round a minute if you were quick. One person could not be a mobile armory or decimate an entire group of people.
If it's not fully automatic, then it's not an assault rifle.

Hobo

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
(17-12-2012 01:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:21 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am interested in making psychiatric care readily available and prohibiting assault weapons. I don't know if anyone knows this, but assault rifles are legal for purchase, and have been for 9 years now. A weapons ban is part of preventing a repeat of this event.

These background checks definitely do not seem to do their job either. The criminals who obtain firearms are not identified before they act.
Selective fire vs assault rifle, who cares what you call it. This thing isn't used for hunting.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
(17-12-2012 01:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:21 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am interested in making psychiatric care readily available and prohibiting assault weapons. I don't know if anyone knows this, but assault rifles are legal for purchase, and have been for 9 years now. A weapons ban is part of preventing a repeat of this event.

[Image: ar15.jpg] The AR 15 is a variant of the M16, and was sold by ArmaLite to Colt.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]