Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 01:33 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
I don't give a shit what you call it, it's purpose is clear and it is bullshit. The average person does not need that.

And there are spring mods for the trigger that do not require a special stock. My brother is a big gun nut and looked at buying this mod for the civilian version of the Kalashnikov.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Definition of selective fire rifle:
Quote: A selective fire firearm has at least one semi–automatic and one automatic mode, which is activated by means of a selector which varies depending on the weapon's design. Some selective fire weapons utilize burst fire mechanisms to limit the maximum or total number of shots fired automatically in this mode. The most common limits are two or three rounds per pull of the trigger.
Definition of assault rifle:

Quote: A so-called "assault rifle" is an undefined [1] select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons.[2] Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
17-12-2012, 01:35 PM
How to not be wrong

Is it an assault rifle or not?

1. Does it have a mode to allow fully automatic or burst fire?

Yes = Assault Rifle
(or machine gun, or sub machine gun, or whatever)
No = Not Assault Rifle

An AR-15 can be called a "Sporting Rifle" or an "Assault Weapon" (if you just hate the things) or an "Intermediate Calibre Carbine" or whatever you want to call it. But it's not an assault rifle. Sorry. It's not.

So can you stop being, you know, wrong, and start being less wrong?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:36 PM
(17-12-2012 01:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Definition of selective fire rifle:
Quote: A selective fire firearm has at least one semi–automatic and one automatic mode, which is activated by means of a selector which varies depending on the weapon's design. Some selective fire weapons utilize burst fire mechanisms to limit the maximum or total number of shots fired automatically in this mode. The most common limits are two or three rounds per pull of the trigger.

Quote: A so-called "assault rifle" is an undefined [1] select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons.[2] Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.

17-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Fine. Why can I buy one of these but not a nuke?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:38 PM
(17-12-2012 01:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't give a shit what you call it, it's purpose is clear and it is bullshit. The average person does not need that.

And there are spring mods for the trigger that do not require a special stock. My brother is a big gun nut and looked at buying this mod for the civilian version of the Kalashnikov.

Who are you to say what I do and do not need? I disagree with your opinion, there.

I think those are ATF regulated, if it's what I think you're talking about. They're >$1500, require a background check, and a $200 tax stamp (think of it as a transfer fee).

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:39 PM
(17-12-2012 01:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Fine. Why can I buy one of these but not a nuke?
A nuke is an indiscriminate weapon. Oh, and it's also radioactive. And also vaporizes cities.

A gun, by nature, is a discriminate weapon, that is it can be used to damage only the intended targets, whether they be paper, metal, animal, or human.

Guns also don't vaporize cities.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:40 PM
(17-12-2012 01:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Definition of selective fire rifle:
Yup! And the AR-15 is not an assault rifle because it's not select-fire. Glad you've got it figured out now!

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:41 PM
My father is sitting beside me, and he is in the military. I am also providing a definition for both. There is no difference other than the magazine cartridge size.

17-12-2012, 01:43 PM
If we were talking about something that was not designed specifically to kill that you wanted to buy, and spend more money on modding (like cars), then I could care less about what you can do to it (within reason for cars if they are intended for public use). But guns are designed to kill. When everyone can buy these things and mod them into such monstrosities, it is a scary proposition. Plenty of friends of mine own guns and are responsible individuals, and I trust them in their current mental state. But what if they snap (Jovan Belcher)? What if no one even knows what they are capable of because they have not had any "bad" days since I have known them? What if it gets stolen by someone who is a complete piece of shit?

—Thomas Henry Huxley