Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 01:43 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
(17-12-2012 01:40 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
Yup! And the AR-15 is not an assault rifle because it's not select-fire. Glad you've got it figured out now!

Quote:The AR-15 is a lightweight, 5.56 mm, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle, with a rotating-lock bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation or long/short stroke piston operation. It is manufactured with the extensive use of aluminum alloys and synthetic materials. The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a selective fire rifle.

If you want to get smart, educate yourself you fuck. You are splitting hairs over the undefined term of "assault" weapon. If that is your only quarrel, good day.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
17-12-2012, 01:43 PM
http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/2...kable.html

I was thinking of this for the "bad" days comment.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:44 PM
(17-12-2012 01:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  My father is sitting beside me, and he is in the military. I am also providing a definition for both. There is no difference other than the magazine cartridge size.

What are you talking about? What the hell is "magazine cartridge size"? Size of the magazine? Both the AR-15 and M16 take standard STANAG magazines with a capacity between 10 and 30, and up to 100 (though those usually suck and are unreliable). Size of the cartridge fired? They fire .223 and 5.56x45mm respectively, which are actually basically identical. 5.56 is specced to take a slightly higher pressure. An M16 will fire either .223 or 5.56x45mm equally well, and with a changed upper can fire almost any round conceivable. A well-built (not knock-off quality) AR-15 will fire both rounds equally as well, and again can fire almost anything if you change out the upper.

So you're wrong on both counts, whichever you were thinking of.

Here's the difference, Logica.

An M16, if you put the selector switch to "Burst" will fire three rounds when you pull the trigger (unless it's an M16A1 from the 70s, in which case it will fire full automatic).

An AR-15 does not have a "Burst" mode and will only ever fire one round when you pull the trigger.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:45 PM
(17-12-2012 01:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Fine. Why can I buy one of these but not a nuke?
A nuke is an indiscriminate weapon. Oh, and it's also radioactive. And also vaporizes cities.

A gun, by nature, is a discriminate weapon, that is it can be used to damage only the intended targets, whether they be paper, metal, animal, or human.

Guns also don't vaporize cities.
But I just want a tactical nuke for self-defense. I don't trust the government to protect me from other people with them.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Logica, what you're basically doing is like a Theist equating Atheism with Nihilism, and then when they get pointed out that they're totally off-base, they get in a huff and accuse the other one of picking nits.

It's childish. Words have meaning, kiddo. Unless you want to speak a different language, use the words in the way they are defined, and if you're going to define them in a different way then tell us before-hand and we can agree on it.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
17-12-2012, 01:48 PM
(17-12-2012 01:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  A nuke is an indiscriminate weapon. Oh, and it's also radioactive. And also vaporizes cities.

A gun, by nature, is a discriminate weapon, that is it can be used to damage only the intended targets, whether they be paper, metal, animal, or human.

Guns also don't vaporize cities.
But I just want a tactical nuke for self-defense. I don't trust the government to protect me from other people with them.

That's ok, you can't have a nuke, but you can have a fallout shelter and you can put guns in it. That should help you out. Thumbsup

You're being an idiot, by the way.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Let me put it this way, numbers.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:51 PM
(17-12-2012 01:43 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:40 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Yup! And the AR-15 is not an assault rifle because it's not select-fire. Glad you've got it figured out now!

Quote:The AR-15 is a lightweight, 5.56 mm, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle, with a rotating-lock bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation or long/short stroke piston operation. It is manufactured with the extensive use of aluminum alloys and synthetic materials. The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a selective fire rifle.

If you want to get smart, educate yourself you fuck. You are splitting hairs over the undefined term of "assault" weapon. If that is your only quarrel, good day.

"Assault weapon" is a made-up scare phrase. The definition is "whatever firearm we don't think you should have because it looks scary".

So what exactly is it that you think people shouldn't have?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2012, 01:52 PM
(17-12-2012 01:48 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  But I just want a tactical nuke for self-defense. I don't trust the government to protect me from other people with them.

That's ok, you can't have a nuke, but you can have a fallout shelter and you can put guns in it. That should help you out. Thumbsup

You're being an idiot, by the way.
THAT'S THE POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you need access to these types of weapons? Why are you defending an inanimate object and meddling with definitions so as to justify having one weapon over another? Why is one weapon worse than another weapon? Is it only based on how it kills? How many it kills at once? The kill to death ratio matters for legal purposes in your mind?

Why should I have to buy a bomb shelter or a bulletproof vest to protect myself from other people? Why do we have police and a military if we just want people to arm themselves?

Crime rates are not any lower in the US because we have guns, but our death by guns is far and above anyone else.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-12-2012, 01:53 PM
(17-12-2012 01:49 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Let me put it this way, numbers.
Hey, numbers now! At least you're not saying stupid things anymore.

The Brady Campaign has actually been shown to manufacture numbers and use specious definitions to get the result they want, for the record. Not a reliable source.

The other chart is about what I'd expect. Interesting, those numbers are from when the Assault Weapons Ban was in effect. But there are still tons of deaths from firearms! It's almost as if people who want to kill each other use the best weapon available... I wonder what the best weapon available is if you remove guns? Knives perhaps? Baseball bats? I'm sure people will find a way.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.