Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
The Remington 870 is equally designed as both a hunting weapon and a self defense weapon. It's designed to kill both humans and deer, it was from the very beginning. Same for, say, the Mossburg 500. They're two of the most common hunting shotguns, and two of the most common self-defense shotguns. So which category does it fall into, Logica?

What makes a SPAS more deadly than a Mossburg, in your opinion?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 06:25 PM
(17-12-2012 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fine, but on what basis is one rifle ok and another isn't?
What are your criteria?
The articles I am reading describe the above weapons as more effective than a hunting firearm. I would say the Spas is more deadly than a Mossburg.
But it isn't.
The longer barrel of the Mossberg pictured makes it more accurate and gives it a higher muzzle velocity.

Seriously, you sound like a Christian arguing about limiting scientific research.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2012, 06:28 PM
(17-12-2012 06:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The Spas 12 and AR 15 are both specifically designed to kill people. Ahem, I mean, defend yourself.

The AR-15 is a sport rifle based on a military design. Your conclusion is that is is specifically designed to kill people.

It is designed to be an accurate, controllable semi-automatic rifle. It is an excellent varmint rifle.

Ah, and SPAS stands for Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun. I don't buy that either.

(17-12-2012 06:22 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  The Remington 870 is equally designed as both a hunting weapon and a self defense weapon. It's designed to kill both humans and deer, it was from the very beginning. Same for, say, the Mossburg 500. They're two of the most common hunting shotguns, and two of the most common self-defense shotguns. So which category does it fall into, Logica?

This is where rent-only becomes part of gun control. I think it would be most logical to only allow usage of a hunting weapon on hunting grounds, otherwise I do not believe an individual is qualified or justified in carrying or owning one.

The SPAS has a higher fire-rate, has a larger ammunition capacity, and has the same effective range as the Mossburg 500 hunting rifle.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
17-12-2012, 06:31 PM
(17-12-2012 06:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  The AR-15 is a sport rifle based on a military design. Your conclusion is that is is specifically designed to kill people.

It is designed to be an accurate, controllable semi-automatic rifle. It is an excellent varmint rifle.

Ah, and SPAS stands for Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun. I don't buy that either.

(17-12-2012 06:22 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  The Remington 870 is equally designed as both a hunting weapon and a self defense weapon. It's designed to kill both humans and deer, it was from the very beginning. Same for, say, the Mossburg 500. They're two of the most common hunting shotguns, and two of the most common self-defense shotguns. So which category does it fall into, Logica?

This is where rent-only becomes part of gun control. I think it would be most logical to only allow usage of a hunting weapon on hunting grounds, otherwise I do not believe an individual is allowed to carry or own one.

The SPAS has a higher fire-rate, has a larger ammunition capacity, and has the same effective range as the Mossburg 500 hunting rifle.

The Mossberg 500 is a shotgun, not a rifle.

A Mossberg has a higher fire rate and a larger ammunition capacity than a break-action shotgun, and the same effective range. Clearly Mossbergs should be banned?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 06:31 PM
(17-12-2012 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The articles I am reading describe the above weapons as more effective than a hunting firearm. I would say the Spas is more deadly than a Mossburg.
But it isn't.
The longer barrel of the Mossberg pictured makes it more accurate and gives it a higher muzzle velocity.

Seriously, you sound like a Christian arguing about limiting scientific research.
Their effective ranges are the same.

17-12-2012, 06:32 PM
(17-12-2012 06:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  The AR-15 is a sport rifle based on a military design. Your conclusion is that is is specifically designed to kill people.

This is where rent-only becomes part of gun control. I think it would be most logical to only allow usage of a hunting weapon on hunting grounds, otherwise I do not believe an individual is allowed to carry or own one.

I own firearms for sport, hunting, and self-defense. You don't think I should have them for self-defense.

I disagree. I have a right to self-defense, and a firearm is the most effective means.

17-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Don't argue shotgun range, please. It depends on length of barrel, choke type, and type of ammunition. All of which can be changed easily in most shotguns. Don't open that can of worms, please.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 06:34 PM
(17-12-2012 06:31 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Ah, and SPAS stands for Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun. I don't buy that either.

The Mossberg 500 is a shotgun, not a rifle.

A Mossberg has a higher fire rate and a larger ammunition capacity than a break-action shotgun, and the same effective range. Clearly Mossbergs should be banned?
The SPAS is a shotgun as well. Equivalent comparison with the Mossberg.

The Mossberg is a pump-action shotgun. The SPAS is a semi-automatic shotgun, holds 8 shells as opposed to the Mossbergs 6. Clearly, the SPAS should be banned. If, their is a weapon less effective than the Mossberg (there is), I will have to think about it. I am no weapon expert.

17-12-2012, 06:35 PM
(17-12-2012 06:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Ah, and SPAS stands for Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun. I don't buy that either.

I own firearms for sport, hunting, and self-defense. You don't think I should have them for self-defense.

I disagree. I have a right to self-defense, and a firearm is the most effective means.
I also believe that the self-defense argument is a poor one.
(17-12-2012 06:32 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Don't argue shotgun range, please. It depends on length of barrel, choke type, and type of ammunition. All of which can be changed easily in most shotguns. Don't open that can of worms, please.
I am quoting the articles. Both have a maximum effective range of 40 meters.

17-12-2012, 06:39 PM
(17-12-2012 06:35 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 06:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  I own firearms for sport, hunting, and self-defense. You don't think I should have them for self-defense.

I also believe that the self-defense argument is a poor one.
(17-12-2012 06:32 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Don't argue shotgun range, please. It depends on length of barrel, choke type, and type of ammunition. All of which can be changed easily in most shotguns. Don't open that can of worms, please.
I am quoting the articles. Both have a maximum effective range of 40 meters.
And why is self-defense a poor argument?