Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2012, 01:34 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
(15-12-2012 08:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This is NOT a gun issue.
I beg to differ.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2012, 03:23 PM
(15-12-2012 12:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 02:44 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Maybe.

[Image: lEM5y.png]

Maybe, huh? Consider

So that shows that mostly people commit suicide using a gun. And if you look at the whole chart, the US ranks #12 with 9% with the number 1 country having a percentage above 50. Switzerland is #16.

What is missing is the number of people there and the number of guns. That would give a much more complete picture.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-12-2012, 04:44 PM
(15-12-2012 01:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 08:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This is NOT a gun issue.
I beg to differ.

Well, I know a lot of people who have guns and they never shoot anybody. So it's not the guns.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2012, 04:52 PM
America has incredibly high suicide/homicide rates because the situation in America is awful to say the least. You get put in a cage for carrying some vegetation in your pocket. Highest corporate profits and record unemployment rates, everyone is losing jobs due to America having the world's highest corporate taxes, the smart money are leaving America, public schools are terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

Europe is not as bad as you guys, but we are not far off. I think everyone can agree, there is something fundamentally wrong with the system at work, the tools at which people kill others & them self is just commentary really.
15-12-2012, 05:03 PM
(15-12-2012 04:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 01:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I beg to differ.

Well, I know a lot of people who have guns and they never shoot anybody. So it's not the guns.
Come on Chas, that is a poor argument. Anecdotal evidence is not reliable. My statistical evidence is there, and it shows a correlation. Strong firearm restriction is one of the two needed solutions to this problem.

(15-12-2012 04:52 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  America has incredibly high suicide/homicide rates because the situation in America is awful to say the least. You get put in a cage for carrying some vegetation in your pocket. Highest corporate profits and record unemployment rates, everyone is losing jobs due to America having the world's highest corporate taxes, the smart money are leaving America, public schools are terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

Europe is not as bad as you guys, but we are not far off. I think everyone can agree, there is something fundamentally wrong with the system at work, the tools at which people kill others & them self is just commentary really.
Europe is a vast improvement concerning violent crime. The factors in the United States, however, are too numerous to simply create a one-policy fix. Social progressiveness, education, and European-esque economic reform are in order.

Poonjab
15-12-2012, 05:08 PM
(15-12-2012 05:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 04:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, I know a lot of people who have guns and they never shoot anybody. So it's not the guns.
Come on Chas, that is a poor argument. Anecdotal evidence is not reliable. My statistical evidence is there, and it shows a correlation. Strong firearm restriction is one of the two needed solutions to this problem.

(15-12-2012 04:52 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  America has incredibly high suicide/homicide rates because the situation in America is awful to say the least. You get put in a cage for carrying some vegetation in your pocket. Highest corporate profits and record unemployment rates, everyone is losing jobs due to America having the world's highest corporate taxes, the smart money are leaving America, public schools are terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

Europe is a vast improvement concerning violent crime. The factors in the United States, however, are too numerous to simply create a one-policy fix. Social progressiveness, education, and European-esque economic reform are in order.
Not sure what you mean by that exactly, but European economics is bad economics- The European Central bank is more or less your American counterpart; the federal reserve. We have many many issues here.
15-12-2012, 05:34 PM
(15-12-2012 05:08 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 05:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Come on Chas, that is a poor argument. Anecdotal evidence is not reliable. My statistical evidence is there, and it shows a correlation. Strong firearm restriction is one of the two needed solutions to this problem.

Not sure what you mean by that exactly, but European economics is bad economics- The European Central bank is more or less your American counterpart; the federal reserve. We have many many issues here.
European economics is failing because of their haste in Eurozone recruitment. It is not necessarily because of poor federal bank's involvement. Crony capitalism is the major U.S economic issue.

Poonjab
15-12-2012, 06:10 PM
If someone is determined to kill a bunch of people at the same time there are ways other than guns. Remember the OK City bombing? Or 9-11?

Take guns away and killers will find another way to kill.

Most gun owners never kill a person...the key here is the person, not so much the weapon.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-12-2012, 06:55 PM
(15-12-2012 05:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 05:08 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Not sure what you mean by that exactly, but European economics is bad economics- The European Central bank is more or less your American counterpart; the federal reserve. We have many many issues here.
European economics is failing because of their haste in Eurozone recruitment. It is not necessarily because of poor federal bank's involvement. Crony capitalism is the major U.S economic issue.
More specifically corporate welfare. The american people are the one's that vote for corporate welfare and general welfare and they are surprised when there is shit value for money?. Don't be mistaken about EU, we are essentially EUSSR regarding the insane regulations. Ultimately we both need to stand up to our governments, but if you think EU is an example of good economics then I suggest you read on.
15-12-2012, 07:30 PM
(15-12-2012 12:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 02:44 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Maybe.

[Image: lEM5y.png]

Maybe, huh? Consider
Yes maybe. The UK has looser gun laws than Germany or the Netherlands, and has a lower gun homicide rate than either of them. Hmmmmmm?

Suicides with guns is just irrelevant, as you should know (blowing your brains out is not materially different from jumping off a bridge or putting your head in the oven). Accident rates are tiny.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.