Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
(16-12-2012 09:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 07:04 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Lol, okay? well that escalated quickly...
No, I prevented a never-ending shit fest because people like Ayn Rand are impossible to reason with.

Because Ayn Rand was obviously a Satanist. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 10:13 AM
(16-12-2012 09:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  People like Ayn Rand are impossible to reason with.
I guess it would seeing as she has been dead over thirty years.

(That was a joke by the way)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-12-2012, 10:18 AM
(14-12-2012 05:53 PM)ChristianSoldier Wrote:  This nation simply needs to have stricter laws on the possession of military style weapons.

I am also sick of hearing religious apologist trying to explain this ad some lesson from God

Military style weapons huh? You are aware that the rounds fired in CT came from 2 pistols right?

Also, what's the difference between these two guns?
[Image: Remington-700-Classic-A69609.jpg]
[Image: Custom_AR_15_Sniper_Rifle_by_R1FL3.jpg]

The answer is nothing. They fire the same round at the same rate. As fast as you can pull the trigger. Lemme guess, it's because one is scary looking?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-12-2012, 10:21 AM
(14-12-2012 09:43 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  According to the latest reports, his .223 rifle (a Bushmaster, likely an AR-15) was not used in the shootings, he left it in the trunk of his car. He committed the killings using a 9mm Glock and 9mm SIG Sauer.

So he wasn't even using anything like military weapons. US military does not use Glocks. Coast Guard and Navy use SIG P229s, but those are .40 S&W, not 9mm. So no military weapons.

Pfaugh, you'll still want to ban them. "Military style" -- pfft.
Actually the Navy uses the Beretta 9MM. The .40 was found to be too large for the hands of most women and some men.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-12-2012, 10:27 AM
(16-12-2012 05:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 04:10 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Bombs difficult to obtain? Wanna bet? Nice stuff like TNT or RDX, sure, ok, but trust me. A bomb is not hard to make.
I said they are much more difficult to obtain than a firearm.
I could go to Home Depot and get everything I need for an OKC style bomb in 1 trip. If I want to purchase a firearm I have to fill out paperwork for a background check and go through a 3 day waiting period. I personally don't know anyone that would give or sell me their gun without offering way more than it's worth and even then, it's already illegal to do so.

-Mark Twain
16-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Re: Mass shootings every single day!
For as little as fifty dollars too. Couldn't make it the same size as OKC of course, they'd call the police if you tried to buy that much of the stuff. But enough to kill dozens of people? Easy.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
16-12-2012, 02:12 PM
(14-12-2012 08:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 08:16 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Define a military style weapon. One that is based on a weapon in active service in the US military? In any military? What about weapons that used to be in military service, but aren't anymore? Or how about one that looks like a military weapon? One that shoots full auto? Semi-auto? What about bolt actions and pump actions in use by the military? Should they be banned too? Or are you going to ban based on calibre? Or on features that the gun possesses? Or should there be a whitelist delineating what guns should be legal and all others should be illegal? Who makes that list, and how do they decide? Or should we just ban every gun that could kill someone?
How about a simple restriction on ammunition.
Apart from zombie apocalypse please tell me in what realistic situation you are going to need over 6,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm?
A simple restriction of say 20 of these bullets may curve the severity of shootings like this without out right banning guns.
OK, how about the bulk buy discount.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
16-12-2012, 02:53 PM
(14-12-2012 11:22 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  If it weren't going to be used as a stepping stone to further restrictions, which it undoubtedly would...

I think a licensing system would be appropriate, where you must meet the following requirements:
A. Be a citizen of the USA
B. Be 18 years of age or over
C. Have not committed a violent felony in the last 20 years, or have been in prison for such an offense in the last five years
D. Pass a safety and gun basics test, akin to a driving test
E. Pass a psychological evaluation to ensure you do not fall within the medical definition of a psychotic or sociopath

The license (and tests) to be renewed every 5 years.

The license must be shown, or the license number input online, to purchase a firearm or firearm parts or ammunition.

Underage shooters may handle and fire weapons in the supervision of a licensed adult.

Selling a firearm to someone without a license, especially secondhand, would be a strongly prosecuted offense. It should be required to keep sales receipts for all transactions. However, there should not be a state or federal gun registration.

ATF regulated items, like fully automatic weapons, suppressors, and such should still be legal to own with the same restrictions as now (background check, tax stamp) plus a higher grade of license showing that you are qualified to handle these items safely (much like there are licenses for commercial vehicles, above and beyond regular drivers licenses). Bumpfire stocks should be considered machinegun parts. Manufacture and importation of all of these ATF-regulated items should be allowed and not restricted or prohibited for licensed gun companies.

There should be no restriction on calibre (except sub-.500, as now), action type (no bans on "AK style" or "AR style" guns), the type of sights, magazines, or ergonomic features, like forward grips or barrel shrouds or laser pointers. Keep current federal restrictions on short barreled rifles and shotguns.

That system would be acceptable to me and, I think, cut down somewhat on the killing sprees. Psychological evaluations *are* accurate, contrary to popular opinion, and work even when a psychopath or sociopath tries to lie or hide it. Prevent mentally insane/dangerous people from getting their hands on guns, require people to understand basic gun safety before they can purchase one, and not have any silly regulations on ergonomic features that don't make anyone safer.

The problem is that people who hate guns would try to use that system to make guns inaccessible. If the anti-gun groups would be willing to accept this compromise then fewer people would die.
Sounds expensive, will just end up being viewed as a tax on gun ownership, also mandatory psych tests sound like an invasion of privacy. At least the NRA and co, will certainly say so.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
16-12-2012, 04:05 PM
What I'm already sick of is the comment that "if god were in our schools" this wouldn't have happened. Which god? The x-tian god? Lady of the Lake? Ganesha? We are already a nation where a majority of people have a belief in the x-tian god but that doesn't stop us from killing each other. It's arrogant to believe that one god or another would be able to stop this madness.

We need to believe in and "worship" each other above any and all gods!!!!!
16-12-2012, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 04:39 PM by FZUMedia.)
(16-12-2012 09:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 07:04 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Lol, okay? well that escalated quickly...
No, I prevented a never-ending shit fest because people like Ayn Rand are impossible to reason with.
How can you claim reason as a priority when you refuse to attempt to reason without any reason as to why?