Mass shootings every single day!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 06:07 PM
RE: Mass shootings every single day!
(16-12-2012 10:21 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 09:43 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  According to the latest reports, his .223 rifle (a Bushmaster, likely an AR-15) was not used in the shootings, he left it in the trunk of his car. He committed the killings using a 9mm Glock and 9mm SIG Sauer.

So he wasn't even using anything like military weapons. US military does not use Glocks. Coast Guard and Navy use SIG P229s, but those are .40 S&W, not 9mm. So no military weapons.

Pfaugh, you'll still want to ban them. "Military style" -- pfft.
Actually the Navy uses the Beretta 9MM. The .40 was found to be too large for the hands of most women and some men.
Please shut up,both of you.

[Image: 4446974670_e0d5b0dae7_o.jpg] [Image: seal-sig-pistol.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Nice pics from 1970.

[Image: m9large.jpg]

This is the pistol the Navy uses. I assume that's what you are referencing in you STFU comment. I should know as I am expert qualified in it's use. Would you like for me to take a picture of my ribbon bar? Or perhaps my DD214?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
17-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Re: Mass shootings every single day!
Wha! Is that really it? The pistol the Navy uses? Wow. And your a expert with it. Thats pretty special. You must be really good.

Oh yeah, they did have plate carriers and IR glint patches in the 70's. My bad.
17-12-2012, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 02:32 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(16-12-2012 08:22 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Nice pics from 1970.

[Image: m9large.jpg]

This is the pistol the Navy uses. I assume that's what you are referencing in you STFU comment. I should know as I am expert qualified in it's use. Would you like for me to take a picture of my ribbon bar? Or perhaps my DD214?

Actually that pic is at least from 1985 (when the Beretta 92FS - Military designation M-9 - replaced the Colt 1911 Gov't as the standard issue sidearm for officers and NCOs).

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/it/beretta-92-e.html

Now certain units within the US Navy, particularly the SEAL teams as well as naval aviators use the SiG Sauer P226 handgun in 9mm for duty.

That resolve this little argument?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
17-12-2012, 04:25 AM
*shrug* Navy apparently uses or has used the M1911A1, M9, P226, and P229 in various capacities at various times, and probably several others. Ok. The original intent of the post still stands, in that the guns used were not explicitly military or military type unless you want to nitpick that the model SIG he used might have been used by the Navy or Coast Guard at some point.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
17-12-2012, 08:39 AM
So you set around and debate what is a "military weapon" and the discussion screeches to a halt right there. You derail the discussion and confuse the topic. I thought that the big issue is what can be done to help prevent things like this from happening again. Are you more worried that you might not have access to purchase 1000s of rounds of ammo or protecting seven year old children from being gunned down in school? Are you focusing on what features your weapon should be allowed to have or if deeply depressed suicidal people should have access to go out in a blaze of supposed glory? Is your ability to purchase a stockpile of weapons "just in case those commies come" more important than keeping weapons from being used in wholesale slaughter of innocents?

The rights and protection of the few should not rule over the rights and protection of the many.

As a reference, I am a veteran myself and I qualified as an expert on the range as well. I also carried an expert badge for grenades and the M203 grenade launcher. That doesn't mean I should get to carry grenades does it? FFS, wake up and look at what is going on people. Stop being selfish and try, just try to think of the big picture.
[+] 2 users Like Wolftyr72's post
17-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Re: Mass shootings every single day!
Thanks for you feel good response that added zero actual worth to the topic.

These mass shooters are not gun enthusiasts who have gone nuts. They don't buy thousands of rounds of ammo online to save money because ammo $ are highly inflated. They dont belong to a gun club and travel to shooting matches and spend hours dryfiring and practicing at the range.

Do you remember how much your fighting load weighed? You cant carry thousands of rounds on you.

If you think making more laws when the ones we have arnt enforced or followed is going to make a difference, you are operating off of pure emotion. How can you make illegal acts more illegal?

Does anyone remember when they made it mandatory that every gun have a trigger lock supplied with it? Why didnt that stop all these mass shootings? Maybe because only a responsible person would use it in the first place, and a truly responsible person wouldnt bc one snip with some bolt cutters and you cheap chinese trigger lock is worthless.

People like me who own more then 5 firearms, and bulk order thousands of rounds a year, who shoot SCARY BABY EATING SEMI AUTO 'ASSAULT' THAT HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN, arnt your problem because my firearms are either on my persons, or locked up in a safe.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
17-12-2012, 12:34 PM
(17-12-2012 12:29 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Thanks for you feel good response that added zero actual worth to the topic.

These mass shooters are not gun enthusiasts who have gone nuts. They don't buy thousands of rounds of ammo online to save money because ammo $ are highly inflated. They dont belong to a gun club and travel to shooting matches and spend hours dryfiring and practicing at the range.

Do you remember how much your fighting load weighed? You cant carry thousands of rounds on you.

If you think making more laws when the ones we have arnt enforced or followed is going to make a difference, you are operating off of pure emotion. How can you make illegal acts more illegal?

Does anyone remember when they made it mandatory that every gun have a trigger lock supplied with it? Why didnt that stop all these mass shootings? Maybe because only a responsible person would use it in the first place, and a truly responsible person wouldnt bc one snip with some bolt cutters and you cheap chinese trigger lock is worthless.

People like me who own more then 5 firearms, and bulk order thousands of rounds a year, who shoot SCARY BABY EATING SEMI AUTO 'ASSAULT' THAT HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN, arnt your problem because my firearms are either on my persons, or locked up in a safe.
Timothy McVeigh.

Evolve
17-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Obama, what are you going to do to help this? Huh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Make mental healthcare as easy to attain as a gun?

Improve education of mental health?

Advance our understanding of violent behaviors?

Improve laws protecting us from ourselves and our own constitutional rights?

Evolve