Mass stabbing in Houston

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Mass stabbing in Houston
So, some guy went off and started stabbing people at a community college near Houston. He managed to stab at least 14 people, most ended up in the hospital, a couple even air-lifted due to the severity of their injuries.

Now this is a bad thing. I agree. I am unsure how a mass stabbing works...but...

Will there now be groups trying to ban knife ownership? Will we have to just tear at our meat with our teeth since knives are potential weapons? I do believe he used a box cutter...so will we know have to do away with those?

Or, will people finally realize that the weapon is not the problem...the problem is with whacked out people.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Mass stabbing in Houston
That fucking blows.

As to your questions, they might not ban knife ownership but the headlines may have the name of the knife used. Like a lot. If the College doesn't have any metal detectors, those might be talked about by the press as well.

And for realizing, well, I'm pretty sure "they" know, but have other agendas. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
09-04-2013, 09:15 PM
(09-04-2013 09:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, some guy went off and started stabbing people at a community college near Houston. He managed to stab at least 14 people, most ended up in the hospital, a couple even air-lifted due to the severity of their injuries.

Now this is a bad thing. I agree. I am unsure how a mass stabbing works...but...

Will there now be groups trying to ban knife ownership? Will we have to just tear at our meat with our teeth since knives are potential weapons? I do believe he used a box cutter...so will we know have to do away with those?

Or, will people finally realize that the weapon is not the problem...the problem is with whacked out people.

I must point out that if this whacko, instead of a knife, had a dirty bomb...

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
09-04-2013, 09:20 PM
My point is that people are the ones that commit violence and they can be quite creative...we can't outlaw everything that can be used as a weapon but we could go back to actually treating those with severe mental illness and violent tendencies.

09-04-2013, 09:39 PM
(09-04-2013 09:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My point is that people are the ones that commit violence and they can be quite creative...we can't outlaw everything that can be used as a weapon but we could go back to actually treating those with severe mental illness and violent tendencies.

I understand this. My point is that society needs to realize that whackos with knives, while dangerous, pale in comparison to whackos with highly lethal weapons and the amount of damage they can inflict.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Apparently, this guy was pretty successful in causing harm...half the people hurt had to be airlifted out.

He was on a mission and it seems he did a damn good job of it. I'm thinking the woman with her face slashed up and the other one with a weapon sticking out her think he was pretty damn dangerous.

09-04-2013, 09:45 PM
How many people died? Oh, just wounded? Ah, I see.

Now how many would have died if guns were involved?

The issue is removing from civilized society weapons that are designed to slaughter as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time possible.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
09-04-2013, 09:46 PM
I read where the guy attacked using something like an X-acto Knife. I think he could have been more effective using a sharpened stick, a pointy screwdriver, a knitting needle, sharp scissors, a steak knife, a kitchen knife, a hammer, a tire iron, a frog gig, a cheap sword, a chainsaw, a squirt bottle full of kerosene and a lighter, a baseball bat, a croquet mallot....whatever.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...knife.html
09-04-2013, 09:46 PM
There are people in the hospital in serious condition...the outcome remains to be seen.

09-04-2013, 09:48 PM
(09-04-2013 09:45 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  How many people died? Oh, just wounded? Ah, I see.

Now how many would have died if guns were involved?

The issue is removing from civilized society weapons that are designed to slaughter as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

And if a student or professor had been carrying a gun, there would be fewer injuries.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post