Mass. woman can wear spaghetti strainer in license photo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Mass. woman can wear spaghetti strainer in license photo
http://www.wcvb.com/news/mass-woman-can-...5%20Boston

Quote:BOSTON —A Massachusetts woman has won a legal battle to wear a colander on her head in her state driver's license photo.

Lindsay Miller is a Pastafarian, who are known as members of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Gotta see her license pic Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
13-11-2015, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 07:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Mass. woman can wear spaghetti strainer in license photo
(13-11-2015 06:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.wcvb.com/news/mass-woman-can-...5%20Boston

Quote:BOSTON —A Massachusetts woman has won a legal battle to wear a colander on her head in her state driver's license photo.

Lindsay Miller is a Pastafarian, who are known as members of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Gotta see her license pic Tongue

Is she the first in the US? I know I saw one from Croatia a while back.

#sigh
13-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Just as silly as wearing the likeness of a dead-jew-on-a-stick around your neck. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-11-2015, 06:01 AM
(13-11-2015 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Just as silly as wearing the likeness of a dead-jew-on-a-stick around your neck. Thumbsup

But far more practical.

You can't strain spaghetti with a fucking crucifix.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-11-2015, 06:08 AM
(14-11-2015 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Just as silly as wearing the likeness of a dead-jew-on-a-stick around your neck. Thumbsup

But far more practical.

Nope, only real use for a crucifix is to nail your God to it Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-11-2015, 06:15 AM
(14-11-2015 06:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But far more practical.

Nope, only real use for a crucifix is to nail your God to it Smile

You could wrap it in tin foil, hook it up to coaxial feedline and use it for a TV antenna...............

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-11-2015, 09:27 AM
I seen this..and I am like..she is winning.

And you are all correct, there are so many uses for this. :-)

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime
[+] 1 user Likes HawkofFreedom's post
18-11-2015, 09:41 AM
This is one area where I don't generally side with my fellow non-believers. It makes us look stupid. Of all the ways religion intrudes into public life is the wearing of religious headgear a problem we really need to fight? If Muslim women where a hijab or Jewish men a yarmulke in their license photos, who are they hurting? Don't get me wrong, I see they point. If they can do it, we should be able to as well. But I think there are more productive uses of our time that might do a better job of representing us to the larger public. Charitable work for example.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
18-11-2015, 03:02 PM
(18-11-2015 09:41 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  This is one area where I don't generally side with my fellow non-believers. It makes us look stupid. Of all the ways religion intrudes into public life is the wearing of religious headgear a problem we really need to fight? If Muslim women where a hijab or Jewish men a yarmulke in their license photos, who are they hurting? Don't get me wrong, I see they point. If they can do it, we should be able to as well. But I think there are more productive uses of our time that might do a better job of representing us to the larger public. Charitable work for example.

Why not both?

It's harmless fun. And it is valuable. It puts official support for religion squarely in the public eye and forces them to respond.

It's also not just about who they are hurting. The whole point of an official photo is that you are indentifiable, that's why they have the rules about no headgear in the first place. The colander shows that all you have to do to circumvent this rule is claim allegiance to even the stupidest of deities.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-11-2015, 03:47 PM
I loved this article but her husband is missing:

[Image: serious-man-stew-pan-head-11156768.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post