Massachusetts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Massachusetts
As of 12:33PM, Massachusetts has a Republican governor. It occasionally happens.

And with a bunch of Democratic crooks in the majority in the legislature, it's not a bad thing.

Note: the last four Speakers of the House were convicted of felonies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2015, 11:38 AM
RE: Massachusetts
It happens quite often actually. Progressive as we are, we're also white as fuck up here, and we seem to have a significant bloc of voters who can't resist a candidate in a yachstman's costume.
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2015, 11:40 AM
(08-01-2015 11:38 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  It happens quite often actually. Progressive as we are, we're also white as fuck up here, and we seem to have a significant bloc of voters who can't resist a candidate in a yachstman's costume.

I don't think Celucci was ever even on a yacht. Consider Working-class Hudson boy.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I live in colloquially named "crook" County in Illinois . You got nothing on us in terms of corruption and we just put in a republican career businessman into the Governor's chair. I guess he wasn't sworn in yet though, so or still current Governor barring sudden arrest will be the first Governor in about 3-4 that haven't lost the office because of an arrest.

Oh and Toby Keith is headlining our Governors inauguration.. so apparently we're now the south. Which makes sense as many friends from Mass I had in the past basically considered Illinois the West or the South already.

I've seen people with Confederate flags on their cars in Massachusetts though, frankly it was in a town directly on the NH boarder, but that's still a bit much even for them I thought.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-01-2015, 11:43 AM
(08-01-2015 11:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:38 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  It happens quite often actually. Progressive as we are, we're also white as fuck up here, and we seem to have a significant bloc of voters who can't resist a candidate in a yachstman's costume.

I don't think Celucci was ever even on a yacht. Consider Working-class Hudson boy.

Sure, but Bill Weld and Mitt Romney are some of the whitest men who've ever lived.
08-01-2015, 11:48 AM
(08-01-2015 11:43 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't think Celucci was ever even on a yacht. Consider Working-class Hudson boy.

Sure, but Bill Weld and Mitt Romney are some of the whitest men who've ever lived.

True dat.

08-01-2015, 11:49 AM
But let me guess, those republican governers are so moderate that they could never hope to ever gain the Cletus and inbreed vote during a national election?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]