Massive Quasar Cluster Refutes Core Cosmology Principle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Big Grin Massive Quasar Cluster Refutes Core Cosmology Principle
by Brian Thomas, M.S. *
Astronomers recently found a distant collection of quasars. But those quasars shouldn’t exist. And while they certainly appear connected, they’re spread too far across space for standard secular models of the structure and origin of the universe to accommodate. “It is the largest structure ever seen in the entire universe,” according to astrophysicist Roger Clowes from the University of Central Lancashire.1
Clowes led a team of researchers, who published their discovery in The Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society,2 in analyzing data from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. They found quasars that are connected across a distance that far exceeds the predictions by an assumption tightly linked to the Big Bang, called the “Cosmological Principle.” The distances certainly exceed imagination.
Creation physicist D. Russell Humphreys wrote in 2003,
The foundational assumption of the Big Bang theory [is] the “Copernican Principle” or “Cosmological Principle,” which requires that matter uniformly fill all space at all times—even at the very beginning. Since there would never be any empty space around the matter, there could never be a boundary around the matter. Lacking such a boundary, we could never determine a unique center, such as a center of mass, inside it.3
The Cosmological Principle assumes no center or edge, with its matter evenly distributed over large scales. Accordingly, it proposes no unique places throughout the universe. Of course, this confronts Scripture, which clearly indicates that the earth is the center of God’s focus on redeeming men and women from the beginning until now. Secular cosmologists must assume that the Cosmological Principle is valid because their totally discredited Big Bang cosmology rests on it. But empirical evidence finds itself arrayed against it.
Clowes told the Royal Astronomical Society, “This is significant not just because of its size but also because it challenges the Cosmological Principle, which has been widely accepted since Einstein.”1
A competing perspective, called the Anthropic Principle, assumes that unique places can exist within the universe. Specifically, it suggests that the earth was uniquely designed for human survival and enjoyment.4 Whereas the Cosmological Principle has not found supporting evidence, the stunningly improbable collection of earth’s life-friendly parameters does support the Anthropic Principle.
If space is uniform in all directions, as held by the Cosmological Principal, then it should not contain any structures larger than about a billion light-years wide. But Clowes’ team found this strung-out cluster of quasars—very high energy centers of mass that evolutionists believe to be the predecessors of whole galaxies—that stretches 1.5 billion light years across its center. Its longest dimension measures almost four billion light years!1
Clowes’ observation shatters this Big Bang assumption multiplied by four. “This is hugely exciting—not least because it runs counter to our current understanding of the scale of the universe.”1 It is exciting also because it runs counter to a core secular assumption about the origin of the universe. Without the Cosmological Principle, there is no Big Bang. In the process, this news adds confirmation to the Bible-friendly Anthropic Principle.
References
  1. Astronomers discover the largest structure in the universe. Royal Astronomical Society press release, January 11, 2013.
  2. Clowes, R. et al. A structure in the early Universe at z ∼ 1.3 that exceeds the homogeneity scale of the R-W concordance cosmology. The Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. Published online before print, January 11, 2013.
  3. Humphreys, D. R. Prestigious Journal Endorses Basics of Creationist Cosmology. Institute for Creation Research. Posted on icr.org, December 1, 2003, accessed January 16, 2013.
  4. Guillermo, G. and J. W. Richards. 2004. The Privileged Planet: How our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery. Washington, D.C. : Regnery Publishing, Inc.
Image credit: NASA* Mr. Thomas is Science Writer at the Institute for Creation Research.Article posted on January 18, 2013.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 09:57 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: Massive Quasar Cluster Refutes Core Cosmology Principle
The light from ULAS J1120+0641 was emitted during a time period before the end of the theoretically predicted transition of the interstellar medium from an electrically neutral to an ionized state. Quasars may have been an important energy source in this process, known as reionization, which marked the end of the Cosmic Dark Ages, so a quasar from before the transition is of significant theoretical interest. Because of their extreme luminosity in the UV, quasars also are some of the best sources for studying reionization.

This is the first time scientists have seen a quasar with such a large fraction of neutral (non-ionized) hydrogen absorption in its spectrum. Mortlock estimates that 10% to 50% of the hydrogen at the redshift of ULAS J1120+0641 is neutral. The neutral hydrogen fraction in all other quasars seen, even those only 100 million years younger, was typically 1% or less.

The supermassive black hole in ULAS J1120+0641 has a higher mass than was expected. The Eddington limit sets a maximum rate at which a black hole can grow, so the existence of such a massive black hole so soon after the Big Bang implies that it must have formed with a very high initial mass or through the merging of thousands of smaller black holes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULAS_J1120%2B0641

Clearly it doesn't refute anything, but is interesting none the less.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
29-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Yup, I never liked the big bang theory. Definitely room for improvement.

Does this translate to some unexpected gaps in space?

Quick! There's a gap! Pop a god in there.

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
29-01-2013, 10:19 PM
(29-01-2013 10:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, I never liked the big bang theory. Definitely room for improvement.

Does this translate to some unexpected gaps in space?

Quick! There's a gap! Pop a god in there.

Dodgy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reionization
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v47...10159.html

400 million to 1 billion years after the big bang was the time in which these things formed.

The intergalactic medium was not completely reionized until approximately a billion years after the Big Bang, as revealed by observations of quasars with redshifts of less than 6.5. It has been difficult to probe to higher redshifts, however, because quasars have historically been identified2, 3, 4 in optical surveys, which are insensitive to sources at redshifts exceeding 6.5. Here we report observations of a quasar (ULAS J112001.48+064124.3) at a redshift of 7.085, which is 0.77 billion years after the Big Bang. ULAS J1120+0641 has a luminosity of 6.3 × 1013L⊙ and hosts a black hole with a mass of 2 × 109M⊙ (where L⊙ and M⊙ are the luminosity and mass of the Sun). The measured radius of the ionized near zone around ULAS J1120+0641 is 1.9 megaparsecs, a factor of three smaller than is typical for quasars at redshifts between 6.0 and 6.4. The near-zone transmission profile is consistent with a Lyα damping wing5, suggesting that the neutral fraction of the intergalactic medium in front of ULAS J1120+0641 exceeded 0.1.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
29-01-2013, 10:36 PM
(29-01-2013 09:18 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Creation physicist D. Russell Humphreys wrote in 2003,
The foundational assumption of the Big Bang theory [is] the “Copernican Principle” or “Cosmological Principle,” which requires that matter uniformly fill all space at all times—even at the very beginning. Since there would never be any empty space around the matter, there could never be a boundary around the matter. Lacking such a boundary, we could never determine a unique center,

Does this not make sense to anyone else? If the matter is space was uniform then we would not exist, along with stars and planets. The CMBR shows us that the universe was not uniform at the time that light was emitted.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

29-01-2013, 10:41 PM
(29-01-2013 10:36 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:18 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Creation physicist D. Russell Humphreys wrote in 2003,
The foundational assumption of the Big Bang theory [is] the “Copernican Principle” or “Cosmological Principle,” which requires that matter uniformly fill all space at all times—even at the very beginning. Since there would never be any empty space around the matter, there could never be a boundary around the matter. Lacking such a boundary, we could never determine a unique center,

Does this not make sense to anyone else? If the matter is space was uniform then we would not exist, along with stars and planets. The CMBR shows us that the universe was not uniform at the time that light was emitted.
Indeed entropy my dear friend.

-Baron d'Holbach-
29-01-2013, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 11:01 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-01-2013 10:36 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  

The data from COBE proved that it was never absolutely uniform "in all places at all times". Humphries is an idiot. There is no such thing as the Core Cosmology Principle. It was a straw man Humphries made up. You're right. The COBE data proved he is wrong.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cobe+bac...66&bih=650
It also does in no way lead to his god, or Creationism. If it were true he would have a Nobel, and would be able to get a real job.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-01-2013, 11:16 PM
This isn't science.
This crap needs to be in ... I don't know... some ridiculous section but not the science section. I thought there was going to be something cool ... with maybe a photo or something. Now I'm bummed and it's too late to drink. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
29-01-2013, 11:18 PM
(29-01-2013 11:16 PM)kim Wrote:  This isn't science.
This crap needs to be in ... I don't know... some ridiculous section but not the science section. I thought there was going to be something cool ... with maybe a photo or something. Now I'm bummed and it's too late to drink. Dodgy
Pseudo-science perhaps? Creation Science?

I was expecting a cool picture as well...

I don't see the problem with something being 1 billion light years across. Big deal? If something is beyond 13.7 billion light years across then I'd be intrigued.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
30-01-2013, 12:10 AM
(29-01-2013 10:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, I never liked the big bang theory. Definitely room for improvement.

I do like it. I love Penny.

[Image: tbbt-penny.jpg]

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post