Massive leak exposes how the wealthy and powerful hide their money

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2016 03:58 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Massive leak exposes how the wealthy and powerful hide their money
More info

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-thing...2016-04-03

PS

A veritable Who Who from around the world, all deny it of course.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...story.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-04-2016, 03:02 PM
(04-04-2016 05:49 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I do think raising the minimum wage will help individuals. I'm sure it won't level the playing field.

Not only is the field tilted, but the wealthy elite are playing on an entirely different field that the commoners only guessed at.

Apparently the information regarding American ties is forthcoming.

I am sick of this crap, first off, it should be called a "livable wage" secondly how do you figure raising wages won't help? It will help even the rich because it produces more spending and buying power. Not having livable wages reduces spending and buying power.

Many have known this for years, and that is why the Occupy movement started. I'd say only the stupid GOP voters are voting against their own self intrests.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2016, 03:51 PM
All minimum wage is, is political fellatio.............

Regardless of how much it is -- it's the bottom of the scale.

All it does is make retirees living on Social Security hungrier and poorer -- because theirs doesn't go up -- while some worthless punk who shows up occasionally for his shift flipping burgers can now afford slightly better beer...............

And get fucking real --- renaming it "Living wage" is like calling a warthog a beauty queen, and expecting it to get dates..................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-04-2016, 05:56 PM
(04-04-2016 03:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  All it does is make retirees living on Social Security hungrier and poorer -- because theirs doesn't go up -- while some worthless punk who shows up occasionally for his shift flipping burgers can now afford slightly better beer...............

That has not been my experience.

I work a white collar professional job. I have done so since graduating tech school/college. I do make more than minimum wage.

However....

Over the course of my life, I have worked minimum wage jobs. Usually to supplement holiday incomes and whatnot. I have worked a variety of them over the years, retail, food service, etc.

While doing those jobs, I have worked with many people all of whom where also making minimum wage. It was humbling to see single parents raising children, using a minimum wage job (my throwaway holiday job) as their primary source of income.

Some people, it is true, are working minimum wage because that is all that they are worth, employment-wise. They are late, lazy and generally bad workers.

But there are many more busting their ass because that was the best they could get. College students, single parents. Some people have 2-4 minimum wage jobs just to make ends meet.

When there are more applicants than jobs, sometimes your options are limited. Ability and desire mean nothing when the jobs aren't there.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
04-04-2016, 06:12 PM
I'm not nearly as concerned with how much money they're trying to hide as I am with how they accumulated it, in the first place. But if they indeed owe taxes on that money, I say make them pay that amount, and charge them a hefty fine for trying to hide it. Like 75% of it. Then use it to fill the potholes in my street! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-04-2016, 11:35 AM
I don't know if anyone here saw this, but, apparently Bernie saw this coming.

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post