Materialism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Materialism
Reality is conceptually infinite, given the assumption that I is a time-life segment of location and units of Planck time.

Reality is physically finite, given the science.

There is a problem derived from evolutionary artifact in the form of simulation of future. We are programmed to count from now to infinity, not zero to infinity, and we must never stop lest we get eaten.

Material is a word, Reality is a word, but where Void is a concept, the only words that describe it are all of them.

As an atheist, I don't do lack of belief and I don't do materialism. I do I love my Gwynnies. Began this morning still and eternal and the monkey goes, I love my Gwynnies, so here we are, running my neck. Tongue

The Void I seem to fall into every morning that creates future all by itself. I'm just along for the ride.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-05-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: Materialism
I like cars.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:31 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-05-2012 08:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Reality is conceptually infinite, given the assumption that I is a time-life segment of location and units of Planck time.

Reality is physically finite, given the science.

There is a problem derived from evolutionary artifact in the form of simulation of future. We are programmed to count from now to infinity, not zero to infinity, and we must never stop lest we get eaten.

Material is a word, Reality is a word, but where Void is a concept, the only words that describe it are all of them.

As an atheist, I don't do lack of belief and I don't do materialism. I do I love my Gwynnies. Began this morning still and eternal and the monkey goes, I love my Gwynnies, so here we are, running my neck. Tongue

The Void I seem to fall into every morning that creates future all by itself. I'm just along for the ride.

Agree. Also don't "do" materialism. Distiction without difference. Irrelevant.
Perhaps. What if there is only one electron ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe Extrapolates to ??
"Reality infinite" ?? Maybe, maybe not. Perception unreliable, (Relativity/Uncertainty).
"Materialism", (label) (pejorative use/perception), irrelevant. Maybe not "programmed to count" (?), as math arose at some "point", including the discovery of "zero'. BUT, absolutely, programmed to seek patterns. (Pattern seeking monkey, (before tool using monkey)) http://www.whodiscoveredit.com/who-discovered-zero.html Math ongoing discovery process. (Tons of fun, BTW) Tongue
"Void" in this universe, empirically, unknown. Nothing is NOT, "nothing". (Krauss). Idea of "nothing", not "reality", (here anyway). "Void" nice idea. Now not obsevationally validated.
Great post. Best not to talk in threads where fruit of Macademia tree drops. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
(06-05-2012 08:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great post.

Hug

The "observed validation" I get, of course, is waking up to alla them Gwynnies on my wall... Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
06-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Yes... this "materialism"... I've heard of this from the mouths and minds of Theists.
Recent history aside Dodgy ...
I recall a certain Muslim attaching his nasty little word to my Theist monkey tail, while trying to slam it shut in his krazy koran koloring book.

Of all the words used to describe me, "materialist" is a stunner.

Made me feel all iky. Sad

Shy I had to take a shower.

I love. This is not a material thing.
Heart How difficult is this?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
06-05-2012, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 12:11 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-05-2012 09:28 AM)kim Wrote:  Recent history aside Dodgy ...

Need to know where to get koloring book. LMAOROTF ! Not recovered from "recent history" crack. Crack me up.

Me too. Surrounded by every possible "material" benefit. Totally unimportant. Even like "aesthetic" simplicity. Granted, take too much for granted. Can't help. Off topic, but interesting, see below. "Materialism".. haha, ...... bull. Prefer to live in cabin, in woods. That makes me opposite. Maybe due to aesthetic preference, (empty, uncluttered spaces).

"Materialism" used as pejorative symmetry to "spiritual", and/or "supernatural". False on so many levels..so no need for shower.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post