Materialist Bias?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2013, 08:14 AM
RE: Materialist Bias?
(30-12-2013 07:44 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  **bump**

(30-12-2013 07:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Alright. So, I started the new thread. For the forth time, here is the question:

Let's say you ask me how I got to work. If I told you I drove my car, you would probably trust me. If I told you I took my helicopter, you'd probably be skeptical. You might trust me if a mutual friend confirmed it and said they flew in it.

Now, what if I told you I flew my Pegasus? What would it take for you to believe it? Why did you give this answer?

Because he's only got a unicorn!!!! ... Sorry, couldn't stop myself! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2013, 08:17 AM
(30-12-2013 07:28 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I love when people need the public attention of announcing their *Ignore* process. Yanno - if you really want to ignore someone - well - ya just ignore them.

Hint........... IGNORE
Yes, because everyone has to do things the way you would do it. You are also now on ignore, as I see you needed the public attention of insulting me in this thread before I even came into it. Bye-bye! Yes
30-12-2013, 08:21 AM
(30-12-2013 07:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Alright. So, I started the new thread. For the forth time, here is the question:

Let's say you ask me how I got to work. If I told you I drove my car, you would probably trust me. If I told you I took my helicopter, you'd probably be skeptical. You might trust me if a mutual friend confirmed it and said they flew in it.

Now, what if I told you I flew my Pegasus? What would it take for you to believe it? Why did you give this answer?

(30-12-2013 08:17 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 07:28 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I love when people need the public attention of announcing their *Ignore* process. Yanno - if you really want to ignore someone - well - ya just ignore them.

Hint........... IGNORE
Yes, because everyone has to do things the way you would do it. You are also now on ignore, as I see you needed the public attention of insulting me in this thread before I even came into it. Bye-bye! Yes

How about being less of a pedantic evasive shit, and answer the question? At this rate, you'll have no one left to talk to but PJ, 19, and Alla... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-12-2013, 08:22 AM

Hint........... IGNORE

Please answer Robby's question mate. ... If you don't, I will not only insult you but also that shit 1997 model ford unicorn you ride about on and not ever give you a lift to work on my Mercedes pegasus! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
30-12-2013, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 08:27 AM by WitchSabrina.)

Hint........... IGNORE

Yanno I would verbally smack the crap outta you or plummet you with funny pics of what a pussy you are but I don't want Robby's thread (especially the question he KEEPS asking) to go to the viper pit.

as it is....... you're just........
I can't even.........

never mind.

Apologies to Robby.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-12-2013, 08:36 AM
(30-12-2013 07:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 11:55 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Why? It's a red herring. Start another thread if you want to discuss means of differentiating extraordinary claims.

Alright. So, I started the new thread. For the forth time, here is the question:

*bump*

30-12-2013, 08:47 AM
(30-12-2013 07:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Alright. So, I started the new thread.
Yes, and I responded to the OP. You haven't addressed my response. See post 22.
Quote:For the forth time, here is the question:
If this was the important question, you should have put it in the OP. I would have responded already.
Quote:Let's say you ask me how I got to work. If I told you I drove my car, you would probably trust me. If I told you I took my helicopter, you'd probably be skeptical. You might trust me if a mutual friend confirmed it and said they flew in it.

Now, what if I told you I flew my Pegasus?
I'd likely think you're joking.
Quote:What would it take for you to believe it?
You could fly it in front of me.
Quote:Why did you give this answer?
The existence of a Pegasus has no effect on me, so there's no reason for me to actively consider it.
30-12-2013, 08:58 AM
(30-12-2013 08:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How about being less of a pedantic evasive shit, and answer the question?
I addressed the OP, which didn't include that question. I don't see that it's evasive to fail to read his mind and realize that the questions in the OP weren't really the important ones. Angel
30-12-2013, 09:06 AM
(30-12-2013 08:58 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 08:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How about being less of a pedantic evasive shit, and answer the question?
I addressed the OP, which didn't include that question. I don't see that it's evasive to fail to read his mind and realize that the questions in the OP weren't really the important ones. Angel

Dodge # ? I've lost count.Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
30-12-2013, 09:57 AM
(30-12-2013 08:47 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 07:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Let's say you ask me how I got to work. If I told you I drove my car, you would probably trust me. If I told you I took my helicopter, you'd probably be skeptical. You might trust me if a mutual friend confirmed it and said they flew in it.
Now, what if I told you I flew my Pegasus?
I'd likely think you're joking.

You would a priori dismiss this claim as a joke, and if pressed you would demand evidence?

Why?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post