Materialists shoot themselves in the foot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Materialists shoot themselves in the foot!
Irrationality: Everyone knows people who are crazy, but most of us pride ourselves in our ability to think clearly, employing reason and evidence. Where did that ability to come from? PhysOrg says, “Natural selection can favor irrational behavior.”

But if that is true, nobody could know rationality from irrationality without appealing to standards outside of evolution. And if evolution (a mindless, irrational process) actually favors irrationality, then everybody is crazy – including the scientist who argues that natural selection can favor irrational behavior.

http://crev.info/2014/01/materialists-sh...-the-foot/

Miss Meng is bemused!

~ Miss Meng
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Materialists shoot themselves in the foot!
Nice copy/paste.

Because you sourced from a creationist site,

[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
11-03-2014, 04:56 PM
(11-03-2014 03:32 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Irrationality: Everyone knows people who are crazy, but most of us pride ourselves in our ability to think clearly, employing reason and evidence. Where did that ability to come from? PhysOrg says, “Natural selection can favor irrational behavior.”

But if that is true, nobody could know rationality from irrationality without appealing to standards outside of evolution. And if evolution (a mindless, irrational process) actually favors irrationality, then everybody is crazy – including the scientist who argues that natural selection can favor irrational behavior.

Miss Meng is bemused!

~ Miss Meng

Non-sequiturs, partial quotes, and blatant misstatement of evolution from she who admits to not understand evolution.

Just stop. You make a complete fool of yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-03-2014, 05:37 PM
(11-03-2014 03:32 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Miss Meng is bemused!

~ Miss Meng

[Image: inigo_montoya.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
11-03-2014, 05:47 PM
(11-03-2014 03:32 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Irrationality: Everyone knows people who are crazy, but most of us pride ourselves in our ability to think clearly, employing reason and evidence. Where did that ability to come from? PhysOrg says, “Natural selection can favor irrational behavior.”

Miss Meng is bemused!

~ Miss Meng

Miss Meng - I can reply to your post in detail, pull it apart and reveal the fallacies & mistakes. The question is - is it worth my time ? Do you seriously want me to show you the fallacies and errors ?
I can but dont want to spend ages writing a reply if you are just trolling or "hit & run" quoting.

Think about this. If I spend ages replying to you in depth, it might be of value to other readers - so there is benefit. If you want a debate then say so. Personally email me if you are not confident on public record blog's or reply point by point.

However if you are wasting my time this is your sin - because it is a form of stealing someone valuable time. My time, which is valuable. Yes my time is extremely valuable and purposeful as an atheist.

ALso - I used to teach anti-evolution, creationism and intelligent design in my religious days. I was a evangelical biblical teacher - so I feel I do have something valuable to say because I used to stand in your shoes BUT CHANGED MY MIND - to rationality and reason - the evidence based approach.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
11-03-2014, 05:53 PM
LOL...Miss meng actually MISQUOTED.

The quote said “Natural selection can favor irrational behavior.”

Miss meng changed it to:
"And if evolution...actually favors irrationality..."

It is true irrational behaviors CAN sometimes favored via natural selection.

It is not true that "Evolution FAVORS irrationality"

David Hume

11-03-2014, 05:55 PM
...anyway I am falling for the temptation to refute and debunk everything miss meng wrote.

David Hume

11-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Miss meng got a reputation of minus 18 at one of the fastest rates I have ever seen. A miracle

David Hume

[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
11-03-2014, 06:09 PM
(11-03-2014 06:07 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Miss meng got a reputation of minus 18 at one of the fastest rates I have ever seen. A miracle

Evidence of God's existence!
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
11-03-2014, 06:16 PM
I have never shot myself in the foot.
~Lordy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post