Matt Dillahunty & Blake Giunta Q&A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2015, 01:20 PM
If love wasting hours watching Q&A's after debates like I do then you might enjoy this.

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
25-07-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: Matt Dillahunty & Blake Giunta Q&A
Cool thanks for posting. Smile I am starting to watch that other link you gave me. Good stuff Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-07-2015, 01:58 PM
(25-07-2015 01:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Cool thanks for posting. Smile I am starting to watch that other link you gave me. Good stuff Thumbsup

Here's another one for you JB...

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
25-07-2015, 03:10 PM
(25-07-2015 01:58 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 01:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Cool thanks for posting. Smile I am starting to watch that other link you gave me. Good stuff Thumbsup

Here's another one for you JB...

Thanks TC Big Grin I've watched that one before--good stuff!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-07-2015, 03:12 PM
I should have known! Well maybe someone else can enjoy it since we already have

**Crickets** -- God
25-07-2015, 03:14 PM
(25-07-2015 03:12 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I should have known! Well maybe someone else can enjoy it since we already have

Yeah, I'm a nerd for that kind of stuff. Big Grin Did you watch the Yale series with Christine Hayes? Ah-fucking-mazing!!

25-07-2015, 03:15 PM
(25-07-2015 03:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 03:12 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I should have known! Well maybe someone else can enjoy it since we already have

Yeah, I'm a nerd for that kind of stuff. Big Grin Did you watch the Yale series with Christine Hayes? Ah-fucking-mazing!!

I can't say that I have. I will have to utilize Dr. Googly. Big Grin

**Crickets** -- God
25-07-2015, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2015 03:26 PM by cactus.)
I'm at the beginning of watching the debate portion right now, and Blake is actually trying to pretend that the ont-illogical argument makes sense. Ouch, this is not going to go well for him. Laugh out load

Step 1. Throw out some very poorly defined words.

Step 2. Keep repeating those same words in a very confident manner, and every time you use the word "possible," make sure the words "probable" and "necessary" immediately follow it. (This this the most crucial step for getting your argument across, so it's important to keep a good posture and use a lot of inflection in your voice so the audience will be distracted by how good you are at saying words.)

Step 3. Drop mic. Congratulations, you just successfully delivered the ontological argument to a room full of god-hating fag-enablers. The Lord will necessarily reward you with many virgins in the hereafter. Maybe not 72, but like, a couple dozen at least, because that number sounds more intrinsically probable and modest.

I feel like he basically just keeps saying the same thing over and over: "If I were to imagine such a being, then that being in my imagination would probably behave in exactly the way that I'd imagine him to behave. Therefore God exists."
Now that there's pretty damn convincing, I tell you what.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
25-07-2015, 03:18 PM
(25-07-2015 03:15 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 03:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, I'm a nerd for that kind of stuff. Big Grin Did you watch the Yale series with Christine Hayes? Ah-fucking-mazing!!

I can't say that I have. I will have to utilize Dr. Googly. Big Grin

She's on you tube. She's got about 20 courses on you tube. Here is the first one:

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
25-07-2015, 05:30 PM
^Looks like a great course. That will take a while to get through.

Anyone else notice how sometimes her voice will start to quiver a little bit when she starts discussing historical facts that conflict with modern Christian doctrine in a major way? It's like she's nervous that one of the students might try to make a big scene in class. I'll bet she's had to deal with some pretty stupid shit from disruptive students in the past.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post