Matt Dillahunty & Blake Giunta Q&A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Matt Dillahunty & Blake Giunta Q&A
(25-07-2015 03:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  She's on you tube. She's got about 20 courses on you tube. Here is the first one:

Cactus -

I, too, noticed the vocal quiver. Poor thing must have gone through some pretty rough initial interactions before she figured out how to phrase things so she didn't get a reaction from Fundies. Sad

Jennybee-

I just watched that whole thing (posting occasionally) when I should be cleaning the house for the arrival of my Beloved tomorrow... so thanks for THAT, Jenny! Tongue

That's basically the course taught by my old pal, Dr. Paul Mirecki at KU, so I didn't learn anything new in the intro video, but it might be worth my time to watch that when I come back from Louisiana; I'd be surprised if there wasn't something new we've learned in the past decade.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-07-2015, 11:35 PM
(25-07-2015 09:30 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 03:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  She's on you tube. She's got about 20 courses on you tube. Here is the first one:

Cactus -

I, too, noticed the vocal quiver. Poor thing must have gone through some pretty rough initial interactions before she figured out how to phrase things so she didn't get a reaction from Fundies. Sad

Jennybee-

I just watched that whole thing (posting occasionally) when I should be cleaning the house for the arrival of my Beloved tomorrow... so thanks for THAT, Jenny! Tongue

That's basically the course taught by my old pal, Dr. Paul Mirecki at KU, so I didn't learn anything new in the intro video, but it might be worth my time to watch that when I come back from Louisiana; I'd be surprised if there wasn't something new we've learned in the past decade.

Yes, her later videos are a lil more in depth in terms of discussing the OT.

Have a wonderful time with your Beloved!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-07-2015, 12:17 AM
(25-07-2015 03:12 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I should have known! Well maybe someone else can enjoy it

I did. Thanks.

I love that man. He reminds me of my dad (physically resemblance ... a Welsh thing, I guess).

"Oh! Here are my notes ... What the heck, it doesn't matter" Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-07-2015, 09:35 AM
I'm on the 4th one right now. I never realized that the character of Satan hadn't actually been developed yet in Genesis (or anywhere in the OT for that matter). Very interesting.
Also, her dress is white and gold. Just sayin'.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
26-07-2015, 09:38 AM
(26-07-2015 09:35 AM)cactus Wrote:  I'm on the 4th one right now. I never realized that the character of Satan hadn't actually been developed yet in Genesis (or anywhere in the OT for that matter). Very interesting.
Also, her dress is white and gold. Just sayin'.

It's blue and black Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-07-2015, 09:46 AM
It's quite a deceiving dress. I guess you could call her dress a satan.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
29-07-2015, 03:28 PM
In college one of my teachers was Nick Named "The Loon" (He thought it was after the bird everyone else said because he was crazy) He work most of his life as a Lawyer, and also dabbled as a Shakespearean actor. So his classes were always interesting. He was a treasure troth of knowledge and one of the easiest ways to get out of his test was to start up a subject that he would go into a long tangent on. He planet some of the first seeds of questioning doubt that I had about my faith.
We covered Greek mythology, christian mythology, and Chinese's mythology. The Christian one was the most interesting because we had a strong believer in our class. And would interrupt The Loon almost constantly to correct him on his points. I only remember on confrontation but the details are fuzzy. It was in regards to the tree of knowledge. And the loon said something along the lines of Knowledge is this sense used to suggest to followers learning and understanding are bad. It's easier just to repeat and follow. The one strong christian took up about 2 hours of the class arguing about how he was wrong.

It wasn't uncommon for him to say something outrageous, he would often wait after he said something crazy to see if he could spark debate. He was usually ready for most of it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin