Matt Dillahunty vs Sye Ten Bruggencate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Matt Dillahunty vs Sye Ten Bruggencate
Did you guys listen to the post debate interview in dogma debate ?

wow.. it's mind-boggling..

pre-destined free-will.. really sye ? Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 08:29 PM
(03-06-2014 08:49 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I'm about an hour into it, and Matt certainly gets more points for wit.

As for Sye Ten...he seems like a pouting child at times. He even broke out the "she started it" defense! Facepalm I'm glad the Atheist community seems to be done with the presuppositionalists. I just hope we stick to it, and it isn't a phase.

It would not be the first time it happened. This argument is not even alive it is the living dead that is going to die again.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Matt spoke too fast at times. I found the whole debate kind of failed to get at the interesting questions here, but that can be excused by the fact that beyond his opening statement Sye really refused to debate at all seeing it as sinful to address the issues as they actually lie in the presence of non believers. Still, I enjoyed it more and found it less painful than Nye vs Ham.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
05-06-2014, 01:18 PM
(05-06-2014 01:13 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Matt spoke too fast at times. I found the whole debate kind of failed to get at the interesting questions here, but that can be excused by the fact that beyond his opening statement Sye really refused to debate at all seeing it as sinful to address the issues as they actually lie in the presence of non believers. Still, I enjoyed it more and found it less painful than Nye vs Ham.

The point when Sye said he refused to debate with atheists about god made me wonder why he even agreed to be there in the first place.
Matt was good, he would have been better if Sye would have at least tried to debate with any form of logic.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-06-2014, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 03:19 PM by DLJ.)
(03-06-2014 01:34 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  The post debate follow up interview.

http://www.spreaker.com/page#!/user/smal...ind-live_2

(04-06-2014 08:21 PM)Zetsuei Wrote:  Did you guys listen to the post debate interview in dogma debate ?

wow.. it's mind-boggling..

pre-destined free-will.. really sye ? Facepalm

Thanks for the link.

Yup, I'm an hour through and my mind is fully boggled.

Hobo

EDIT: Finished... mind now over boggled!

Just. Utterly. Staggering.

05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
As I watched the opening credits I realized that sye ten bruggencate was a canadian from ontario. As a Canadian I feel I need to apologize. I mean it was funny when we sent you yanks William Shatner and Celine Dion. Even funnier when we sent you Justin Bieber. But I think we crossed the line with Sye.
Simply put, it violated the notion of good tase, and there was no reason for letting him out of his igloo.
Sorry.
If your in toronto I hope I can buy you a pint of maple syrup and we can have a good laugh. Andy
[+] 8 users Like Andy-man's post
06-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Welcome Andy.

Apology accepted. Besides, when I think of the scores, yeah hundreds, of lame ass celebrities the U.S. has sent out into the world, I cannot really feel too slighted when some other country sends us a few of their own.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
06-06-2014, 04:13 AM
I'd look forward to a debater doggedly and persistently telling Sye that he, Sye, obviously doesn't believe in God; and as Sye protests, that he be told that nothing he says has any relevance in determining his transparent disbelief in God as it is simply a fact, recognized by everyone; no evidence is necessary; the fact is self-evident. And throughout the debate continue to make that point, relentlessly: Sye doesn't believe in God. He should stop trying to deny that truth about himself. Take it on faith he doesn't believe: his own heart is lying to him.

Done well, without any tone of mockery, or sarcasm, but just in a dead level manner, should evince some entertaining rhetorical contortions, as well as deepen the scarlet hue of Sye's countenance. It would be the spectacle of a man enraged at his own reflection in a mirror. THAT would be worth watching.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
06-06-2014, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 04:35 AM by DLJ.)
(06-06-2014 04:13 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  I'd look forward to a debater doggedly and persistently telling Sye that he, Sye, obviously doesn't believe in God;
THAT would be worth watching.

Seth has heard your prayer...

From 1:21:00

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-06-2014, 04:37 AM
(06-06-2014 04:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Seth has heard your prayer...

From 1:21:00

Kind of uncomfortable to watch such stupidity, but also very funny.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post