Matthew Parris: As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: Matthew Parris: As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God
(24-01-2012 10:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 09:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's not about apologizing, it's about being truthful.
Your first paragraph reads like a bad excuse, "Oh, we are doing anything wrong, we're just buying these already enslaved people."

Let's not deny history OK. Slave trade happened. Lots of bad shit happened. Still, you can't really pin the American slave trade on whites in Africa.

I guess I missed the part about "white Africans". Where exactly was that in the discussion?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2012, 11:08 AM
(24-01-2012 10:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 10:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 09:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's not about apologizing, it's about being truthful.
Your first paragraph reads like a bad excuse, "Oh, we are doing anything wrong, we're just buying these already enslaved people."

Let's not deny history OK. Slave trade happened. Lots of bad shit happened. Still, you can't really pin the American slave trade on whites in Africa.

I guess I missed the part about "white Africans". Where exactly was that in the discussion?

truth. Sorry Tongue
Find all posts by this user
24-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Information RE: Matthew Parris: As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God
(23-01-2012 09:30 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Taz.

Islam was introduced.

And why exactly would Africa be bat shit crazy regardless of the introduction of religion?

Just for the record, people came to Africa and fucked it up. Sure there's some nuance here and there and sure there’s some good eggs in the bunch, but the inescapable truth is that people came, they took and they killed. There's no sugar coating that.

When I hear about people lauding those who have been named a Rhodes scholar, I vomit in my mouth a little bit the same way Native Americans do on Columbus day.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
As Tarzan said Africans weren't so innocent. African countries had kingdoms and tribes which meant probably the exchange of slaves. Like I said Africa would still be crazy(Witchcraft, cannibalism,human sacrifice etc)

The thing is that Africa doesn't want acknowledge the fact that they were involved in the slave trade. This causes tension between the West and Africa. They want to blame on the West. Africa sold themselves but people don't want know that.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
27-01-2012, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 11:05 PM by Thomas.)
Africa needs stable governments and capital investment.

We gave them religion and the Catholic priests helped the Hutus butcher 1 million Titsis. That's correct. Hutu Catholic priests handed over 56 Tutsi school childred to Hutu police who then shot most of them. We know this because there were several survivors. Reference: "God is not Great", Hitchens.

"Before we give you food, we need to film you with flys on your face for the Americans sitting at home watching TV".

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.