May 21 and the wingnuts

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM

RE: May 21 and the wingnuts
*Site* Judgement Day May 21

I just wish I had been the one to think of the scams like, "Rapture Letters". An email service one pays for so as to gloat after departure via Inbox to those left behind . Or the new one that insures for a $10.00 one time lifetime <gotta love that little chuckle, after the Rapture pet care! fee. It insures the pets of those who ascend will be taken care of by we the damned atheists (And those unworthy Xtians no doubt) of course!
Hell man, you know they're taking that shit seriously when they have a Blog! [Image: rapture-smiley.gif]

There's gotta be something else post rapture service that I can think of that'll get me bank from the gullible and the saved.

Hmmm, after the rapture car storage![Image: 3.gif]
For just 10$ I'll garage your car or insure it's taken to your designated damned beneficiary, so that while bound for hell they'll be stylin down the road.

Now watch! I'll come up with something like that and POOF! There's the Rapture! And here I am with about 50$ bucks, 5 cars, no car hauler, no storage garage, thinking I made a big funny when all the sudden my Satanist mailman arrives with a certified letter because Benny Hinn want's his money returned and he's suing me for breach!

Next time I see Judas, I'm kicking him right in the nuts.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
(12-04-2011 06:30 PM)ebilekittae Wrote:  This has started depressing me recently. I don't even want to think about how high the suicide rate is going to be on the 22nd of May. x_x I'm hoping this is just a well-financed but small group. I don't know anyone personally who believes in the May 21st prophecy. Do any of you guys?

Oooh.. good point... If they're anything like the doomsday cults the suicede numbers will be phenominally large, which brings me to my second point. This is not only a really well financed group. There are people selling their houses/giving them to the prophet guy and roaming america preaching this. The billboards are all over the world, so I don't think this is small and local to america unfortunately.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't expect a high suicide rate. My guess is that on May 22 the prophet guy will claim that he made another error in decoding the rapture date and proceed to create another rapture date, while his faithful minions will keep supplying him with money. Business as usual.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
13-04-2011, 12:06 AM
@No J. Yes, but with slogans like "The bible guarantees it!" and people buying into it enough to sell their houses en masse, I bet they're not going to be particularly happy when they're still here may 22nd...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
13-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Too bad for them that the bible doesn't have a 'money back guarantee'.

I am sure there are going to be some very devastated people. Exactly how this plays out is only speculation at the moment. There may be some suicides, but I don't expect the numbers to be very large. Would I be surprised if it turns out that I am wrong. No.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
[+] 1 user Likes No J.'s post
13-04-2011, 02:51 AM
For what it's worth, despite my generous offer for pet care, not one of my theist friends has taken me up on the offer Sad Selfish bastards...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2011, 08:21 AM

(13-04-2011 12:39 AM)No J. Wrote:  Too bad for them that the bible doesn't have a 'money back guarantee'.
Well of course not. Angel Because if they offered a MBG believers would take it as a scam.
And the thing is, there doesn't have to be any disappointment. All they have to fall back on is that one Bible verse that proclaims no man will know the hour or the day of Christs return. So the believers left disappointed, once they make the calls around to make sure they're not actually just the one's left behind, will soothe themselves with the excuse something must have happened and god gave them one more chance. Or, it's god so he can change his mind if he wants, because his ways are not our ways.

I gotta believe, anyone that swallows the whole creation thing, much less the Jesus myth and especially the sin part, is already so gullible they'll accept anything to further their belief it's not only all true, but they're exactly where they're suppose to be, doing exactly what god wants of them.
Christianity was known in the day as the religion of the slaves. Because it promised the lesser born they'd have a better life after they were dead. Meanwhile they were commanded by their "Savior" to be obedient unto their masters.
(Because there's reward when your body is finally free of the yoke. We promise!)
13-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I love how these people always make the end time date be some cute little pattern... like 2-2-2002 or the 21st of 2011. Let's just hope that God is also using the Gregorian calendar.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
13-04-2011, 04:54 PM
The same old rubbish, on may 22 he will say he made a mistake, and then he will give another date as always.

Still I cannot discard the idea of a mass-suicide like the Heaven's Gate cult incident back in 1997 when the Hale-Bop Comet was visible. Why? Because I dont see any difference between this rapture people and your average apocaliptic cultists, they are brainwashed no matter the religious ideas behind their way of thinking.

Also this applies to the 2012 lunatics, I think when nothing happens they will claim there was a miscalculation error and then start a new crazy theory about the mayan calendar IMO.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2011, 06:45 PM

What I find fascinating about Rapture enthusiasts, is they can't wait to leave the life god gave them. While thinking he's going to kick some ass on everyone that ever doubted there was only one god, one way to have faith that's true, and one way to look at life so as to be rewarded for the loyalty when they're dead.

I saw this TV minister Joel Osteen, who's church looks like it's an enclosed concert stadium and not a seat is empty. He opens every television ministry with the statement that starts; this is my Bible. (holding the official churches Bible up) I am what it says I am...

So all those thousands of people in that church, who recite those words along with Osteen, believe they were damned at conception, separated from the god that enabled the conception after letting their pure soul leave paradise/heaven so as to enter the womb where as soon as they take root they're hell bound, and that little seedling is what extremist terrorist Christians kill abortion doctors to protect, so that once they're born they have to find their way to believing in one man, who is the god that damned them to sin in the first place, so as to believe his torture and death was proof he loved them and suddenly changed his mind 2000 years ago about that born sinner bit, even though that new member of the faith only found Jesus/god when they're 20!

And living that on faith, the one's that can't wait for it all to end in one giant sky show so the rest of the world gets to see that the Christians were indeed the only one's that got the "rules" about living life right, are the one's lifting off all over the planet.

It's a hell of a thing to take that on faith and yet fail to understand the meaning of faith while arguing that it's all absolutely true because it's written down in a book that hasn't an original word in it.
And then, to attempt to insult atheists from that platform?
Considering the Julian calendar preceded the Gregorian, those Christians here today stand every chance of being the one's left behind! And the rapture has long passed. Wooo! Wouldn't that blow their skirts up? Well OK, like those trade winds on lift-off wouldn't do that just as well, but still...Tongue