May 21 and the wingnuts

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-04-2011, 11:58 PM
RE: May 21 and the wingnuts
Then troll the sites that promote it.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2011, 01:51 AM
(23-04-2011 09:48 PM)No J. Wrote:  Why does that guy in the right side of the billboard look like he is taking a shit?

Maybe because he's full of shit?

Or because the natural reaction to hearing the world is about to end is to shit your pants?

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
29-04-2011, 09:55 PM
I am curious, are any Christian groups denouncing the May 21 rapture nuts? Or are they taking a wait-and-see attitude?

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2011, 12:18 AM
I have a christian friend who thinks this is bollocks, and Ray Comfort said its wrong on TheAtheistExperience.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Driving through Ohio State campus today on my way to taco bell... and there's about 5 busloads (I know because there was 5 busses parked at taco bell) of May 21st Doomsdayers with their signs of "Rejoice, the end of the world is near!"

So since my window was down I kindly yelled "Why wait? Kill yourself today and beat the traffic!"

I think May 22nd I'm going to stand where they did with a sign that says like "What happened?" or something.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
01-05-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm just curious, but what if they are right? Bright and early May 22 the sky is filled with naked 80 year old ladies that are the devote church goers. After bleaching your eyes, what would you do? In five months the Earth is going to explode and you cannot repent and no hope to not go to Hell. What would you do? Family? Or pack in as much insane, extreme fun/danger as possible?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
01-05-2011, 04:55 PM
(01-05-2011 04:34 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I'm just curious, but what if they are right? Bright and early May 22 the sky is filled with naked 80 year old ladies that are the devote church goers. After bleaching your eyes, what would you do? In five months the Earth is going to explode and you cannot repent and no hope to not go to Hell. What would you do? Family? Or pack in as much insane, extreme fun/danger as possible?

All I know is that if I'm heading for hell, I'll be in VERY good company Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
(01-05-2011 04:34 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I'm just curious, but what if they are right? Bright and early May 22 the sky is filled with naked 80 year old ladies that are the devote church goers. After bleaching your eyes, what would you do? In five months the Earth is going to explode and you cannot repent and no hope to not go to Hell. What would you do? Family? Or pack in as much insane, extreme fun/danger as possible?

I'd spend my final time on Earth desperately avoiding my family as I just don't wanna hear the words 'I told you so' over and over again for my last 5 months lol
01-05-2011, 05:09 PM
(01-05-2011 04:57 PM)hughsie Wrote:  I'd spend my final time on Earth desperately avoiding my family as I just don't wanna hear the words 'I told you so' over and over again for my last 5 months lol

If they're still around to tell you so then they aren't in any position to tell you so anyway Tongue

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
[+] 1 user Likes ashley.hunt60's post
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
If I knew the end of the world was coming any day I'd drink more and eat a lot more fried and greasy foods. I mean, why the hell not at that point? I'd certainly have eaten my last salad with low fat Italian dressing, that's for damn sure.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost