May 21st 2011

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2011, 11:18 AM
May 21st 2011
I just found out about this through thethinkingatheist facebook page that many christians think that this May 21st is the day Jesus comes back for judgment. All I have to say is let us make bets with idiots that actually think that is judgment day! I will bet all my assets Jesus doesn't come back. Then when May 22nd comes around I will have so much money!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 11:33 AM
RE: May 21st 2011
I would hesitate to say "many Christians." I've seen this group's billboards around town and tried to do a little investigating - apparently it's some church or group that has some radio programs or something. They don't seem to be much interested in two-way communication, and I would guess that it's a fairly small group.

Not to say that there isn't a large group of Christians in general who believe in the coming apocalypse, just a lot of them don't get specific about the date.

I would however, like to state that if anyone knows someone who believes that the Rapture will occur on May 21, 2011 you can direct them to me. I plan on still being on Earth and would gladly take their stuff. They can just sign a legal document that it's mine on May 21 - they won't be needing it, right?

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Doesn't the Bible say that the only person who knows the date when Jesus will come is god? Like not even Jesus knows.

I might be thinking of the Book of Mormon though.

If it is the bible though that means that the christians who keep naming dates are being blasphemous.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
(03-02-2011 03:12 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Doesn't the Bible say that the only person who knows the date when Jesus will come is god? Like not even Jesus knows.

I might be thinking of the Book of Mormon though.

If it is the bible though that means that the christians who keep naming dates are being blasphemous.
Yes, it says that (don't remember book and verse though). I think these people cover that on their site with some usual apologetic mumbo jumbo reinterpretation of things.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
03-02-2011, 03:30 PM

I will celebrate my birthday (May 22nd) with the non appearance of Jesus Christ and the preservation of the validity of atheism. Can't wait.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Also, the website in case anyone is interested:

http://www.wecanknow.com

03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Anyone download their toolbar?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-02-2011, 04:58 PM
The actual website we're on did a video about them on YouTube.
Their minister predicted the end in 1996 too.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I would like to offer a quick correction - I stated earlier that they don't seem to be too interested in communication. I may have jumped the gun. There is a "Contact Us" link right there on the site. I must have glossed over it the first time I visited. Once I decide what it is I'd like to contact them about (and do a little research) I will see how interested they are in communicating.

08-02-2011, 03:16 PM

It should be noted that most mainline/conservative Christians don't give any heed to Harold Camping and his troupe of sadistic end-timers. They're generally regarded as a fringe-group, sometimes even a benign cult. Though, I will admit, I have a hard time seeing any group that looks forward to the end of life via divinely orchestrated violence as "benign."
Quote this message in a reply