May 21st 2011 judgement day??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2011, 07:26 AM

RE: May 21st 2011 judgement day??
(17-05-2011 07:20 AM)maerie Wrote:  ^__^ i may have to raid the local church on that day .. heard they have some nice old books <3

<=== crazy book addict

and the tastiest wines made from the sweetest grapes ever grown on tax exempt land.... i need a few bottles of that holy head bust... Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Why should we loot if the world does end. Given the christians (at least some) would be gone, we could just have a party and get on with our nice lives in society. I'm sure our buddy Satan will be fine with that.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2011, 01:28 PM

(18-05-2011 02:20 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  Why should we loot if the world does end. Given the christians (at least some) would be gone, we could just have a party and get on with our nice lives in society. I'm sure our buddy Satan will be fine with that.

satan exists in the same house as god... they are both manmade jibberish....
[+] 1 user Likes freethinker1's post
19-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Ahhhh, so they are all going to leave? And we will stay here? Aaaaaaaand what is the problem? HELL YEAH! I've already prepared for the party on Saturday, if I ever wanted to believe in God, it's now, but not for me, for everybody else... I imagine The Rapture to be something like...

[Image: RaptureFS.jpg]

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-05-2011, 03:43 AM
if they ever leave ,let's have a huge party ,people .. i'll bring food and beverages .. and invite several of my atheist lady friends ^^
20-05-2011, 07:15 AM

I have two problems with this whole May 21st thing.

First, by the amount of attention it's getting it almost starts to lend this insane movement some form of credibility. My local news channel actually invited a religious studies professor to speak on it...for 10 minutes...

It is all over the internet...media...everywhere. If I were to start spreading the message that Santa Claus was going to make himself appear at a certain date based on the ancient writings of Clement Moore I would be deemed a lunatic. Yet everyone is talking about this. While an entire town burned down in Alberta. And parts of Manitoba flooded. And the Mississippi spills it's banks. While fighting goes on in the middle east and people starve in parts of Africa.

As a collective, I'm not sure how we ever made it this far.

My second issue is that whatever happens..and something will, because things happen everyday...these nuts can claim it as some form of accuracy in their prophecy. On any given day there is a natural or man made disaster somewhere in the world.

In short, the only difference between ourselves and our ancestors of 1000 years ago is the clothes we wear and the tools we use. We are as superstitious, as gullible, and as non-thinking as the masses were centuries ago.

/end rant
20-05-2011, 07:40 AM

(20-05-2011 07:15 AM)HornetFlight Wrote:  I have two problems with this whole May 21st thing.

First, by the amount of attention it's getting it almost starts to lend this insane movement some form of credibility. My local news channel actually invited a religious studies professor to speak on it...for 10 minutes...

It is all over the internet...media...everywhere. If I were to start spreading the message that Santa Claus was going to make himself appear at a certain date based on the ancient writings of Clement Moore I would be deemed a lunatic. Yet everyone is talking about this. While an entire town burned down in Alberta. And parts of Manitoba flooded. And the Mississippi spills it's banks. While fighting goes on in the middle east and people starve in parts of Africa.

As a collective, I'm not sure how we ever made it this far.

My second issue is that whatever happens..and something will, because things happen everyday...these nuts can claim it as some form of accuracy in their prophecy. On any given day there is a natural or man made disaster somewhere in the world.

In short, the only difference between ourselves and our ancestors of 1000 years ago is the clothes we wear and the tools we use. We are as superstitious, as gullible, and as non-thinking as the masses were centuries ago.

/end rant

I would not worry one bit. All the idiots that make the mistake to give the "end times" an exact date are doomed to fail. It's self-fulling prophecy in the works. They believe to be prophesying world's end while in fact they prophesize the end of their credibility. Cool
20-05-2011, 10:10 AM

(13-05-2011 07:02 AM)freethinker1 Wrote:  folks are eating this up
even going as far as spending every cent they have so they leave nothing behind....
yout thoughts ???
*sings ~ to the tune of the song, "Tomorrow"*

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's lift off tomorrow. And I'll be loooooking up! Tomorrow, tomorrow, Rapture is tomorrow, Christians fly if their saved, so I'll be looking up as they pray, and hineys shine like the sunnnn. Tomorrow tomorrow birds sky filled with Fundies, it's only a dayyyy awayyyy, and when the time comes, amid religious priiide and aplomb, we'll have this world all to ourrrrsellllves! Oh what a happy day, no more religious pains, just stark entertainment as Christians have to dodge planes, tomorrrrrrrrooooooowwwwwww!"
20-05-2011, 10:47 AM

As May twenty first draws closer and closer, I would just like to state for the record, that perhaps my conversion to Atheism was just a little bit hasty. In retropsect, I really have always believed in you Lord Jesus, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace, and so on and so forth. I was tricked and mislead by some very very bad people. If my understanding of how this all works with you is correct, I need just only ask you for your forgiveness, this request should come in loud and clear to you for the rest of the day.

Your humble servant, Chris
20-05-2011, 11:10 AM

We'll miss you, Chris. Sad [Image: 5.gif]

Now starting on Sunday we must all remember, we're entering the time of the Great Tribulation! And after all hell breaks loose with that, JC returns to set up his kingdom here on earth. Which means, all the ascended Christians only have 7 years with Jesus and then he's ours! Muahahahahaha!

The Post Rapture Survival Guide
Halanlouya, Cheezus shaves!
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post