May 21st and the Bible verses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2011, 01:48 AM
May 21st and the Bible verses
Has anyone thought about how Harold and his followers used bible verses to try to convince people that the tribulations would begin and Jesus would return on May 21st (The bible guarantees it!), and then they turn around and begin using different quotes to cover their arse and show that they couldn't really know the day or hour (Matthew 24:36).
Doesn't this seem stupid? Shouldn't the christians realise just how silly this? Using the bible to go one way and another.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2011, 01:58 AM
RE: May 21st and the Bible verses
I think if those followers actually read the Bible they'd notice. Harold Camping most likely knows that his followers don't, and instead listen without a shred of skepticism to whatever he says.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply