May 21st - evil exploiting atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2011, 09:58 AM
May 21st - evil exploiting atheist
HEy,
With all this 21 May madness I cam across this vid :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mavZ5rz5oDY

Apparently some atheist took advantage of Christians who couldn't take their pet to heaven. This kind of bugs me , I get taking care of the pet , but exploiting the people like that just seems wrong to me.

What do you say , my fellow atheists ? (vox populi , vox di)

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2011, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2011 10:11 AM by Lilith Pride.)
RE: May 21st - evil exploiting atheist
I had been wondering about life insurance claims, whether they exclude acts of god.

There's no real issue with Atheists doing these things as these are the people giving everything they own to Camping. This money would be spent fueling Christian rhetoric if not for these Atheist swindlers.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-05-2011, 12:17 PM
i think it was an excellent idea for

1,) making some money
2.) showing the word how ridiculous religion is.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
22-05-2011, 10:24 PM
>34K, nice haul. Arguably immoral, however. I think it can be considered immoral in the same way as Harold Camping would take peoples houses and massive donations. He's worth over $100mil US now.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
07-09-2011, 02:25 PM

I think we all know how this guy is going to be paying for his 2012 christmas, too.
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I say fucking awesome idea, wish I thought of it first.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
07-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Nobody seems to object to insurance companies cashing in on disasters that don't happen.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
07-09-2011, 06:04 PM
There are 2 ways to look at it, I feel.

The guy appears to be offering a genuine service to those people who are concerned that they will end up dying and leaving a pet or pets with no one to care for them. As a long time pet owner with no relatives or friends living close, or someone willing to take my dogs when I die, I always worried what would happen to them.

I see nothing wrong with that business idea or practice. It seems legitimate and sound.

There are many Christians who sincerely believe that they will go to heaven but their pets won't because their awful god didn't give animals a soul. I am more concerned with the emotional aspect for pet owners than I am with someone offering to care for their pets! What sick person or persons ever considered that humans were any more special than other life forms on this planet?

My only concern is that if 50,000 people signed up for their pets to be cared for where would the animals be housed? I suppose the idea could be franchised across states and/or countries and each franchisee would have their own facility. I think it's admirable, responsible and caring that people are signing up for what appears to be a genuine service to pet owners.

If I was younger I'd consider the idea as a business for myself. It could work very well. If my dogs were still alive, I think I'd sign up and pay, just for the peace of mind that I'd have about dying before my pets do.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
07-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Taking advantage of people, whether you're Harold Camping or this guy, is wrong. As long as people act like this, we will all be "evil atheists". Bad apple, blah blah...

If you're going to represent an entire group, try to set a good example, K?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink