May 21st rapture, promoters and deceivers

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-05-2011, 06:42 PM
May 21st rapture, promoters and deceivers
I think its time for another Picard facepalm. I clicked a music video in my favorites box on youtube and up came an ad for a website called http://www.worldslastchance.org/
... guess how long the ad was?
14. FUCKING. MINUTES!
The music video was only 2 minutes.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 09:01 PM

RE: May 21st rapture, promoters and deceivers
Is anyone else's local evening news covering the May 21st Rapture Day billboard plastering cross country?

We can all thank, Harold Camping. A Christian "Family" radio broadcaster in Oakland California. He's even extended the boards into Canada!
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 09:06 PM
(11-05-2011 09:01 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Is anyone else's local evening news covering the May 21st Rapture Day billboard plastering cross country?

We can all thank, Harold Camping. A Christian "Family" radio broadcaster in Oakland California. He's even extended the boards into Canada!

I've not seen the billboards, but I think its been on CBC a few times. CBC interviewed a few of these rapture conspirators and every single one of them were rednecks
"well I neva did believe it, till I dun read it in tha bible, now imma preparin' fur tha rapture too"
They even had an interview with the PR man for one of these christian groups, he completely avoided most of their questions opting to simply preach at the camera.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Fortunately there is very little support for those ads in my country, most people know they're a bunch of loonies, and newscasters don't even bother with them.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
11-05-2011, 11:17 PM

I wish I could see their faces on May 21st. They'll have their twelve gauges out, with the couch barricading their front door, family all huddled together. Then nothing happens. Rolleyes
12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
I talk to at least a dozen different strangers a day on just about every topic you could imagine in my job, and despite having these billboards on our three busiest streets for over a month now, I haven't had ONE person mention them in any context. It's as if they don't exist. I had expected that by now I would have had a Fundie or two ask me if I was ready for the rapture that's coming in just over a week, or even had an atheist make a joke about them. Apparently that radio station wasted it's money posting those billboards in a city where there just isn't any interest in what the Bible says about the end of the world. I take this as a sign (no pun intended) that reason is starting to truimph superstition and dogma.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
[+] 1 user Likes hotrodmike's post
12-05-2011, 03:44 AM
(12-05-2011 01:55 AM)hotrodmike Wrote:  I take this as a sign (no pun intended) that reason is starting to truimph superstition and dogma.

I find the whole campaign very humorous; but I've not found any traction among Christian friends.

That said, a good chunk of Christians still believe in the Rapture concept - they just don't think they will know the timing for it. That alone is enough for me to want to latch on to this idea and run with it, milk it for all that it's worth...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM

Oh yes, this is the fashion statement! [Image: 6.gif]

I've got mine on order. Tongue
12-05-2011, 10:59 AM

Does anyone know what time of day this apocalypse will happen? I want to know whether i should study for the exam i have that day or not!
12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I think Harold Camping had enough trouble trying to convince people he'd worked it out so that the "day of" was the 21st without going so far as to nail down a precise starting time. I presume a global apocalypse can last all day long once it gets started, since there are several billion people to sort through. The last time he did this, he and his followers spent an entire day standing around with their Bibles open to the sky waiting for it to happen. To no avail, alas. It would have been nice if something had come down from the sky (an old satellite falling out of it's orbit, perhaps?) and given them their just rewards. ; P

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin