May 21st rapture, promoters and deceivers

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-05-2011, 12:37 PM

RE: May 21st rapture, promoters and deceivers
I think it's mainly the Jehovah Witness that believe the rapture will occur on the 21st.
They usually come through my neighborhood once a month. For about the past 3 weeks they have been around every week knocking on doors.

I am not a christian any more but please excuse me while I say this one prayer.
Please dear lord take all the JW's on the 21st. Ahhhhh-men.
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 02:02 PM by Stark Raving.)
My daughter (14) suggested that perhaps she should also forgo studying for her test.

her: "Hey dad, since the world is gonna end on the 21st, I guess I don't have to study for my test on the 22nd huh?"
me: "Sorry hun. It's just the rapture. Jeebus is coming down to take all the believers to heaven. Since you don't believe in god, you're stuck going to school on the 22nd"
her: "So Christians get all the holidays AND they get to miss the test?? That's crap"

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
12-05-2011, 01:19 PM

(12-05-2011 10:59 AM)helland Wrote:  Does anyone know what time of day this apocalypse will happen? I want to know whether i should study for the exam i have that day or not!

Hopefully soon. I'm pretty sure I'm failing a class and I don't want to deal with it.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bird's post
12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Where do I post to, get ALL the Harold Camping, followers to give/leave me all their money before, May 21th 2011 comes. Harold is an idiot Just like back in Sep 29, 1994 he predicted Denver Co. would be destroyed
so. if you are a Harold Camping beliver and follower, Leave me ALL your money real estate and cars please Big Grin
____________________________________________-

The Christian God can easily be pictured as virtually the same God as the many ancient Gods of
past civilizations. The Christian God is a three headed monster cruel, vengeful, and capricious
......If one wishes to know more of this raging three headed beast-like god. one only needs to
look at the caliber of the people who say they serve him they are always of two classes fools an hypocrites

Why would a God create people so imperfect then blame them for there own imperfections.
Then send his own son to be judged, tortured, and killed by the very same imperfect people.
In order to make up for how imperfect we are?
12-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I just saw an article about this in the Toronto Sun.

This shit is officially getting too much press. Oh well, the greater the fall.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2011, 01:20 AM
To hotrodmike:
Even if the satellite fell on their own heads, they would still view it as an act of god. Any other answer would require some though....not their strong point.

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
13-05-2011, 02:08 AM
(12-05-2011 11:54 AM)hotrodmike Wrote:  It would have been nice if something had come down from the sky (an old satellite falling out of it's orbit, perhaps?) and given them their just rewards. ; P
Bird crap? Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
13-05-2011, 04:17 AM
I think Camping said it would be at 6pm everywhere. Convenient if it is.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
13-05-2011, 07:11 AM
(13-05-2011 04:17 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  I think Camping said it would be at 6pm everywhere. Convenient if it is.

Is that Central Time? Will there be a wave that begins somewhere and follows the time zones? Tongue

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
13-05-2011, 10:14 AM
And if so, can we outrun it like in the 2012 movie? Wink

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user