May be I just need to keep my mouth shut from now on...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 06:56 PM
May be I just need to keep my mouth shut from now on...
May be I just need to keep my mouth shut from now on.
Today I got into an argument with somebody randomly on the street this person end up telling me that I'm not really an atheist this person was kind of one of those street preacher at types people he stopped me and asked me if I knew who Jesus was and I said no sarcastically. Anyways the conversation quickly went to me saying that I was an atheist and somehow he ended up asking me if I believed that there was anything with a higher intelligence than me like aliens and I told him yeah I believe that there are aliens and he said that means that I am NOT an atheist because aliens or actually demonic and if I believe in aliens and that means I believe and something to my neck which means that I have to believe in supernatural I was completely blown away by this that somebody could be so stupid just think that outer space being as big as it is couldn't possibly have aliens in it so I unloaded all the mathematical calculations about how many planets there are and how many galaxies are like ours and how many planets would be close enough to the Sun in the so-called Goldilocks zone for there to be planets even quoted the movie contact At him and so on eventually I got to the point where I was tired and I realize that I hadn't shaking the guys belief at all so eventually I just said you know what I got somewhere to be and walked off he actually said God bless you as I walked away so in that guy's mind he won or he thinks that he woke me up somehow or something so that then I realized that I had spent a good 45 minutes talking to this guy and I had to wait an hour for the train to get back to my house because I had missed it because of this dumbass so sometimes I think that is better just let these people have their delusions I don't know I might be wrong
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut butter bullet's post
05-02-2015, 07:51 PM
RE: May be I just need to keep my mouth shut from now on...
Pick your battles and paragraphs are your friends.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
05-02-2015, 10:48 PM
If you spent 45 minutes arguing with a stranger while you missed your ride, you might want to ease up on your need to be right all the time.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
05-02-2015, 11:27 PM
A period.....please I beg you!
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-02-2015, 11:43 PM
(05-02-2015 10:48 PM)pablo Wrote:  If you spent 45 minutes arguing with a stranger while you missed your ride, you might want to ease up on your need to be right all the time.
But I was right
05-02-2015, 11:43 PM
(05-02-2015 11:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  A period.....please I beg you!
What?
05-02-2015, 11:44 PM
(05-02-2015 07:51 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Pick your battles and paragraphs are your friends.
Yeah I guess I do need to pick my battles
05-02-2015, 11:48 PM
She means you literally had just one period in your post. And zero new paragraphs.

Being right is great, but it shouldn't make your life miserable. Pick your battles.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
06-02-2015, 01:04 AM
(05-02-2015 11:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  A period.....please I beg you!

I usually let grammar stuff pass. Still, that was one hell of a run-on sentence.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Whenever I encounter a Kobayashi Maru situation; I like to simply ask them to pray for me while I walk away.

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

I Think; Therefore I Am....
...or is it the other way around?
[Image: b.gif]
Bunny's Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like costabunny's post