Maybe she needs a new deity.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Maybe she needs a new deity.
Anybody watch the Oklahoma F5 on TV and notice all the irony? I'm not making fun of the plight of the unfortunates who lost everything - I live in the tornado belt and well know that bad weather around here can be terrifying. In fact, I can't believe that the body count is so low in that one.

But, for instance, the woman who is standing in what she says used to be her home, although it looks like a mini 9/11 scene. She has lost her house, car, possessions, pets, purse with money, credit cards and ID, and has no idea where she will spend the night - or even where she will eat. But, she is grateful that "God was really looking out for me, today."

If that is HIS benevolence, I sure hope her deity never gets mad at her.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morlock's post
22-05-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: Maybe she needs a new deity.
It is part of the very strange mentality religious folk seem to be afflicted with. A city could be destroyed by an earthquake, but if a daycare remained intact, they'd thank God for saving the children. Nothing God does counts against him. He can kill and destroy all he wants, and people will thank him for not killing someone, or not destroying every building in sight. Apparently God can do no evil in their eyes, and simply staying his hand is cause for thanks.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
22-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Anything positive happens in my life, I blame it on Gwyneth Paltrow. And ya know what else? WTF grandstanding? We gonna have thirty of these threads, or what?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2013, 10:36 PM
(22-05-2013 10:25 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Anything positive happens in my life, I blame it on Gwyneth Paltrow. And ya know what else? WTF grandstanding? We gonna have thirty of these threads, or what?

What if it's or what? What are you gonna do about it? Prophet boy...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
22-05-2013, 10:49 PM
(22-05-2013 10:36 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 10:25 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Anything positive happens in my life, I blame it on Gwyneth Paltrow. And ya know what else? WTF grandstanding? We gonna have thirty of these threads, or what?

What if it's or what? What are you gonna do about it? Prophet boy...

Blow the fuck outta here until the tragedy of the moment passes? Piss, bitch, and moan? Whack off to my Gwynnies? All of the above? I don't know right now. Ask me when I sober up...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
22-05-2013, 10:50 PM
(22-05-2013 10:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 10:36 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  What if it's or what? What are you gonna do about it? Prophet boy...

Blow the fuck outta here until the tragedy of the moment passes? Piss, bitch, and moan? Whack off to my Gwynnies? All of the above? I don't know right now. Ask me when I sober up...
You'll never sober up. Duh.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2013, 10:55 PM
(22-05-2013 10:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Ask me when I sober up...

Pffft ... like that's gonna happen. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-05-2013, 10:57 PM
(22-05-2013 10:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 10:36 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  What if it's or what? What are you gonna do about it? Prophet boy...

Any chance that's on your schedule in the next few months?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post